News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Fishing A Highland Stream

Started by Wildfisher, December 18, 2009, 10:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

If it comes under the upper Spey PO then surely there must be day ticket access, or is it a river Don style PO that operates there?

Which reminds me, I wonder how things are going there.  :roll:

Part-time

Quote from: admin on December 19, 2009, 06:46:07 PM
That's good news PT. I'll head over there next May  and shack up at the camp site.

I feel a stravaig coming on............... :D

It would be a good base for a stravaig :) Some wee lochs in the hills to the west I have always wondered about as well.

Never new there was a protection order in place on the upper Spey/Truim - just as well I had no rod with me when I was there. I'm usually in the area a couple of times a month and will make some enquiries about the fishing when I'm there next.

Ptinid

This is on my 'to do' list as well, as the book is one of my favourites. I'd love to give it a go if you're considering organising a stravaig.
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.  ~John Steinbeck

corsican dave

as a local resident, i've fished the association stretch of the truim a couple of times. actually caught my smallest trout ever here last season. almost as long as the spider!!

it's a very pretty water, but the trout seem few and far between. i tried moving upstream from the confluence with the spey one evening, but quite tricky wading. more than two fishermen at a time would kill it. and one's plenty.

upstream from the bridge by invernavon is estate water (glentruim) and i've not found how to fish it. however, i understand the estate's up for sale, so maybe we could all club together.... :lol:

dod permits almost anywhere locally are not a good idea. the spey bailiffs are very active
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page