News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

8 Fishing DVDs For A Fiver

Started by Wildfisher, July 20, 2012, 11:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Quote from: Alan on July 21, 2012, 11:40:48 PM
before you have seen the whole spectrum you need to spend an afternoon on Leven with Stan.

I had a Trout & Salmon  magazine session with Stan on Loch Awe last month, but found  it so unbelievably dull I left after only a few minutes.

shad

Wildfisher

Legend right enough Colin. Superb.  :D

I'm due back on the river with Des soon, we're going for barbel and chub. Then it's off for a bit of inshore boat fishing with Liam Dale. I cannae wait.  :lol:

Malcolm

Some coarse fishing is great fun. Freelining big baits for chub particularly. 
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Traditionalist

Quote from: Alan on July 22, 2012, 12:33:53 AM
im not sure how healthy this virtual tv fishing is, the jet stream has moved north, time to do some proper.

Apparently it keeps you sane when you can't go fishing, ( or at least as sane as many anglers ever are! :)  ), so that's probably healthy.

TL
MC

haresear

QuoteI was out on The Teme after barbel with Des (Taylor) yesterday.   :8)

Great and intimate wee river.  You can watch the barbel in clear conditions and they go straight for the tree roots once hooked. I foulhooked one about 6lb in the tail one day when floatfishing. That was...interesting :shock:

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

Quote from: haresear on July 22, 2012, 01:41:19 AM
Great and intimate wee river.

Interesting looking river indeed. Apparently barbel are relatively recent in the Severn system. Stocked from the eastern rivers like the Thames and others which were part of the post glacial Rhine system. They are not native fish in most English rivers. Like carp, New Zealand trout, Scottish pike and grayling  they are now wild fish that are descendants of stockies.

Go To Front Page