News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

is it a good sign

Started by Its Me, February 16, 2013, 12:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishtales

I had a look around the garden this morning while hanging out some washing. There is nothing early. All the usual plants are beginning to come to life. The Bleeding Heart is up about six inches, the buds on the Hydrangea are beginning to open, Honeysuckle too. The one thing that seems to be late is the Forsythia as the flowers haven't appeared yet but I may have trimmed that too much in the autumn, although ours seems to be a late flowering one and they don't appear until nearer March.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

harelug

My hay fever has started up again :) that will be those bloody snowdrops.
There is no greater
  fan of fly fishing

Than the worm

hopper

That's because you were on the dark side over there Fred

Wildfisher

Quote from: hopper on February 17, 2013, 10:34:43 PM
That's because you were on the dark side over there Fred

Tell me about it Eric.  30 odd years of sheer hell.  :lol:

hopper

What you say is right Fred in Montrose in the summer it can be 3 or 4 degrees colder and in the winter Montrose is always 2 or 3 degrees warmer and as you know i only live 5 miles in land and only 60 feet above sea level

Buanán

Quote from: garryh on February 17, 2013, 12:06:51 PM
i don't like to see an early spring . in my experience it encourages fish to be active and feeding when they should still be lying comatose.the first weeks of the season are usually great  but then it can be dour for the rest of the year.rivers may be different but that is my experience on lochs.

Garry

I don't think we're having an early spring. Sun is shining with me, back of the house is around 9ºC, even warmer out of the light easterly breeze but there was a frost on the car in the shade of the front, until a couple of hours ago. Rather normal mid February conditions IMO. Get out of the sun and it's still very much winter.

Spring takes it's time to settle in, there's still plenty time for a sharp late winter shock, or three, before we'll see the last of it.

Go To Front Page