News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Recent posts

Members' Board / Re: Lunan Water
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 05:29:17 PM
No permission required for individuals under the access legislation in nutjob Scotland, but if it is commercial that is different. That will really screw things up. Where is this being advertised?
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Maidenhead Aquatics
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 05:23:34 PM
I think once you add the cost of overnight shipping it may be more expensive.
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Sand
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 05:17:56 PM
It's actually the stuff they sweep into the gaps in block paving which means it won't be washed and too much of a faff.
Members' Board / Lunan Water
Last post by burnie - Today at 05:01:13 PM
Just a heads up, today someone is advertising kayaking "mostly" below Inverkeilor, thankfully I have a ticket for another river well away from them. The potential environmental damage could be serious, that wee stream is not navigable at all, how they got permission(I am guessing here that they have even bothered to ask) is mind blowing.
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Sand
Last post by Jon - Today at 04:33:13 PM
If it's the stuff sometimes used in pool filters it's fine. As is 'play sand'.
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Fish Online
Last post by Jon - Today at 04:32:35 PM
I wouldn't like to say these days. But due to APC being the only licensed courier with a limited range you might find many based in England and Wales unable to ship to you. Check which postcodes sellers will ship live fish too. And ensure they use heat packs at this time of year.

We used to ship to customers and it's not unheard of for live fish deliveries to be delayed etc. So be warned.

**Some eBay sellers use the Royal Mail Special Delivery service. This is illegal but more importantly I'd be very wary of anyone offering fish like this. They use the excuse that their website cites delivery of fish eggs and fry. This was implemented for the salmon farming industry and not meant to apply to live ornamental fish.^^

Check to see if you have a local fishkeeping club. These can be an absolute goldmine when it comes to information and high quality, unusual fish etc.
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Maidenhead Aquatics
Last post by Jon - Today at 04:27:40 PM
I can remember when Maidenhead had just four shops! Now they're everywhere.

Their prices are on the high side. Sometimes very high. That's not a dig, the rent and business rates their outlets attract needs paying for.

But if they're the only retailer who has what you want..... :)

That said electric blue rams have never been 'cheap'. They were a lot more than that when they first appeared.

Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Maidenhead Aquatics
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 04:24:00 PM
We have a branch locally under the name of Scottish Fishkeepers, but it's the same bunch.

I see you have one  Coatbridge as well Sandy.

A decent shop (it's within Dobbies Garden Centre) but I was surprised at the price of the fish. Tiny Electric Blue Rams @ £20 each. Is that expensive or am I just out of touch?
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Fish Online
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 04:14:55 PM
Which are the most reliable online fish retailers?
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Sand
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 03:45:24 PM
I was B&Q today and noticed large bags I could hardly lift of this stuff for about £8.

It looks nice, fine texture and good colour.  Is it safe for aquariums?
Go To Front Page