News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Recent posts

Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Corydoras
Last post by Wildfisher - Yesterday at 09:12:14 PM
cory-sterbai.jpg
cory-sterbai2.jpg
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Corydoras
Last post by Wildfisher - Yesterday at 12:08:49 PM
I never kept these fish back in the day and had no idea what personalities they have. Now that my 6 Sterbai have settled in it  is fascinating watching their antics. They appear to alternate between  resting up and active feeding like trout and pike both do.
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: New Setup
Last post by Wildfisher - Yesterday at 12:01:29 PM
It's great stuff!  What I like mostly abut fly forums is the endless friendly interaction.  ;D  ;D  ;D
Last post by Jon - Yesterday at 11:19:39 AM
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Water powered tank vac.
Last post by Wildfisher - Yesterday at 10:14:19 AM
Just used this gizmo. Brilliant! No fuss, no lugging heavy buckets around and no mess!
Last post by Wildfisher - Yesterday at 10:11:19 AM
I think a huge part of the hobby is interaction between fellow fish keepers.  :)
Last post by Fishtales - Yesterday at 09:27:06 AM
Quote from: Wildfisher on Yesterday at 08:06:53 AMHow many tanks do you have Sandy?

Three now set up. The 48 inch split in half, a 16x9x9 inch quarantine and now the 30x15x12 inch. I also have another small tank in storage :)
Last post by Wildfisher - Yesterday at 08:06:53 AM
How many tanks do you have Sandy?
Last post by Fishtales - May 17, 2024, 09:38:56 PM
Reorganised. After setting it all up and filling it the damn thing decided to leak again. Stripped it all down and set up my 30x12x15 tank, which I should have done in the first place, with all the contents of the 24 inch tank. I'll need to get a light for it though and that is the 24 inch cover that is on it at the moment.

20240517_174654.jpg
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Photo Period
Last post by Fishtales - May 17, 2024, 09:29:02 PM
I started at 12 but algae became a problem so I reduced it to 10 hours and the algae is now a lot less. If you go to bed at 10pm then bring the lights on at 12:30pm and off at 10:30pm, no point in them going off before you go to bed :) I don't bother with changing the times for summer/winter it just means they go off half an hour later in the winter (or is it earlier, I can never figure that out in my head :) ).
Go To Front Page