News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Recent posts

Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Mail Order Fish
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 06:47:07 PM
Decided to stick my neck out and risk an order from this company in Kent.

https://www.tropco.co.uk/

They have a much bigger range of fish than I can get locally. The prices are OK, but you have to buy a good number of fish to cover the flat rate overnight  shipping charge of £19.95.

Test order was 6 rams, 6 cherry shrimp and 12 rummy nose tetras. The packing was impressive with multiple bags, pure oxygen inflation and heat pads.

All are in the two quarantine tanks. Shrimps are on the moss balls, rummys still a bit freaked out and hiding and the rams already coming up to the glass to check me out.

Cichlids are such interesting fish. I asked them to mix the sexes which they appear to have done. The one in the photo appears to be a female.

ram-f.jpg

Members' Board / Re: Who has not been fishing s...
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 02:42:23 PM
Setup menu? what's that?  ;D
Last post by Fishtales - Today at 02:34:25 PM
Quote from: Wildfisher on Today at 12:18:22 PMGot it full up Sandy. Very odd! :)

I meant the volume settings under the setup menu. I think mine is set for Voice but it is a while since I set them up.
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Apistogramma
Last post by Fishtales - Today at 02:31:57 PM
I've kept the Rams but never bred them.
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Apistogramma
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 01:04:05 PM
Anyone kept / bred any of these little cichlids?
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 12:18:22 PM
Got it full up Sandy. Very odd! :)
Last post by Fishtales - Today at 10:27:23 AM
Quote from: Wildfisher on May 27, 2024, 08:59:09 AMLargely inaudible on my  TV Sandy

Just tried it on my TV Fred and the sound seemed fine. Might be your volume settings?
Last post by scoobyscott - Yesterday at 09:17:47 PM
Been out pretty much weekly but for the rainbows mostly. Rivers have been blown out most of the time. Had a couple of short sessions on my local river but nothing to shout about  😒
Last post by zeolite - Yesterday at 05:44:52 PM
Not been out at all this year.
So many things to do to get my house and garden back into shape and along with my wife being ill I just have not felt the urge. I did buy a nice new rod at Christmas but no idea when I will christen it.
Rivers And Lochs / Re: Wales
Last post by mattheweastham - May 27, 2024, 08:15:25 PM
Do you mean Elan Valley? I have a couple of friends who might be able to help if you can give more specifics.
Wales - along with Derbyshire - seems to be the epicentre of the Instawanker culture these days, so you may need a bit of inside knowledge if you want to avoid the self timer brigade.
Matt
Go To Front Page