News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

The perils of children

Started by Robbie, October 26, 2014, 08:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

I had to spend most of this morning tidying up and clearing out our small sun porch, my little boy needed more space to play in and we needed our living room to be more of a living room and less of an obstacle course. However up until now the sun porch has been my space with my flytying kit and caboodle permanently installed.

Said kit and caboodle in now packed up in various boxes and containers and will have to be extricated as and when needed. I was surprised by the quantity of materials i have managed to amass, thankfully SWMBO has not picked up on this either  :lol:  Looks like I shall have to far tidier when tying for now on  :worried

Lochan_load

I don't have the luxury of a space to leaves tying stuff out permanently so I need to pack up every time. I've got a wee collapsible table and pack all my stuff into a couple of tying boxes, does force me to keep everything a bit more ordered but doesn't make it any easier to find stuff!
I remember when I did have a dedicated room it was a complete mess, all the off cuts and discarded material soon builds up, I'm fact I reckon the waste to fly ratio must be 10:1 at times!!
Saying that I would love it back

Fishtales

Two children and five grandchildren and I can't say I have had a problem leaving my gear set up or lying beside my desk. Obviously I don't leave sharp objects lying about and all the feathers and furs are in a big box but once told that it is mine and not to touch they haven't. They do get to see what is in the box and touch the feathers and furs but not without me watching them. Once they know what it is and have had a look a few times that seems to satisfy their curiosity and they tend to forget about it and find something else to raid, like the fridge, biscuit cupboard, under the sink and do some cleaning etc. :)
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Go To Front Page