News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Forsinard Hotel - still open??

Started by Crawhin, April 09, 2013, 11:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crawhin

I see that the Forsinard Hotel's site has disappeared from the web and a bit of searching suggests it's been up for sale recently ( http://www.asgcommercial.co.uk/userfiles/pdf/210.pdf ) - I know that big John has been talking about selling up and concentrating on the stalking side for a while but it looks like he's now gone and done it.  Anyone got any up to date info and know if the Hotel/fishings are likely to be running this season or is it dependant on a buyer coming forward?

Cheers,

Ian

Wildfisher

Still open as far as I know. One member here is booked in there for later this year I think (hopper). Weird the site has vanished, but you are right, it has been on the market for a while.

Wildfisher

It's weird isn't it? A 13 room hotel that is in really good condition for £425,000

You would struggle to buy a  4 bedroom bungalow for that in the west end of Aberdeen.

The world is nuts  :?

Crawhin

Cheers Fred - was thinking of heading that way later in the year also (I usually get past the area every year or two).  So will swing past and see if big John is still propping up the bar and blethering nonsense to anyone who'll listen (he does know his lochs though).

Would be a shame if another proper Highland fishing hotel was to disappear. Know what you mean about the prices - totally crazy when you consider that it comes with some substantial grounds, a good sporting heritage and rights on a large number of (some very good) lochs.  I Guess it's just so far off the beaten track though for passing trade on that long single track road and the number of fishing or shooting guests booking the traditional week of full board accommodation with sporting stuff thrown in is diminishing these days? Got to still have some potential though - I know John always said it was profitable enough?

Ian     

Wildfisher

I heard it was down to personal issues.  I like John, got on fine with him. He cares about the fishing and will be a loss.

hopper

As i am going up to the Forsinard Hotel at the end of May for 4 days was a little bit horrified to see this post, i have just phoned the hotel to ask if they are still open and the answer is still open for business

Crawhin

Cheers hopper - good to know and hope you have a great trip, it's a lovely area up there under those big skies with some great fishing.

Ian

Wildfisher

Go To Front Page