News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Tyndrum Lodge also known as the Invervay

Started by Dunkeld, August 17, 2007, 02:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunkeld

A wee warning folks.

My wife and I left the Tyndrum Lodge (Invervay) hotel in May after being shown to quite the worst room I have ever seen (and when you travel in Scotland as much as I do that takes some saying). Smashed light fighting in a delapidated shower area, old electrical wires hanging from the walls,staines!!
We didn't stay the night and were so disgusted we just drove home. The B*****d has since debited my Credit card because I gave him details when I booked, he did this despite specifically denying that he would when we complained.  I have since called him and he said he would put things right - that was three weeks ago!

Be very wary of giving these crooks - who are a disgrace to Scotland - your card details over the phone. I know they do it to prevent 'no shows' but you are placing a lot of trust in some very dodgy characters. It's the Card Company and Trading Standards next stop for me.

Just for clarity - this happened in the Tyndum Lodge also known as the Invervay Hotel - Tyndrum

Pearly Invicta

Robbing bastard. Shop him all the way.

I expect wee highland hotels to be a bit quirky. The rooms may be small and the furnishings a bit dated but there is absolutely no excuse for dirty walls, exposed wires and broken lights.

Dunkeld

I'll keep you posted on this one folks - avoid at all costs seems to be a good idea.

hibsman

Assuming the people are registered with the tourist board, this should be brought to their attention.
Chris

alancrob

I have been thinking about this recently. Should we have a separate thread just for rating accommodation? Good places deserve to be given the publicity and places like this cowp should be outed! I have stayed in some great bunkhouses and some rank B&B's, and vice-versa. It would be good to be able to look up a thread and identify quality from the all to recognisable Scottish tourist trade norm.
Just a thought.
Alan

haresear

QuoteShould we have a separate thread just for rating accommodation?

Don't think so. Surely the "Accommodation" heading should cover all types, good and bad. What might be worthwhile is to make it a public access (I don't know if this is the case at present) heading and raise the accommodation's profile in an effort to get the offenders to pull their socks up and of course, to give others a pat on the back.

Alex
Protect the edge.

.D.

:o They debited the full cost of the "room"?

I've occasionally had to pay the full cost on arrival (   s) or had to pay an advance non-refundable deposit: but never had my card debited after leaving a dissatisfied customer!

Piss poor.

.D.

Dunkeld

They have agreed to refund. Explanantion for the state of the room was that it is not normallt let out! It is used for folk who turn up when they are fully booked and are stuck.

Still doesn't explain why they took my booking well in advance and charged my card.I despair of the Scottish Hotel trade - their patron saint must be Dick Turpin!!

Dunkeld

Too right Jock - major body swerve on this place. I should not have had to 'fight my case' for a refund in the first place.

lochetive

Thanks for the tips - should highlite more of these shabby robbers - god knows what the overseas visitors must think!

Go To Front Page