News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

** Past Don Trust Auctions *** Nielsen Powerflex 7 pc. 8 foot #4 Travel Rod

Started by Wildfisher, December 06, 2009, 02:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Nielsen Powerflex 7 pc. 8 foot #4 Quality Travel Rod

I?m offering this rod for auction to aid the River Don Charitable Trust.

The Wild Fishing Forum Is  the Only Forum That Supports The River Don Trust By Fund-raising Activity

It?s  marked as  a #5, but believe me if you can cast at all it?s a #4. I have had this rod for 2 years and used it twice. It is in new condition.

Why am I offering it?

Simply because I have so many bloody fly rods I can?t use them all, it is ridiculous. This is a very nice rod, too good to lie in the garage; far better someone gets the use of it.

Mid to tip action ? it is marked ?fast action? ? well  it?s no Sage TCR,  but it is reasonably fast. It is easy to load, so good for all levels of casting ability. I was casting with it this morning to check it?s OK and was forming some nice tight loops with the #4 line.

As I mentioned above  although marked #5, to me it?s a #4, so

I?ll also throw in a brand new, unused Pitsford Pirate DT#4 Ivory Floater. Top quality line ? supple -  no memory.

The rod is 7pc and packs down to about 18 inches in its own hard tube. Perfect for tucking  away out of sight in your rucksack away from prying eyes.  :8)

Good quality cork handle and attractive hardwood reel seat insert

A great small river / burn rod and ideal for backpacking trips  to remote hill  lochs.

This is a great chance to get  hold of a nice travel rod, they don?t come up that often!

Bids to start at ?60 please ? an absolute  steal for a great wee rod and a matching  high quality line. Minimum bid increment ?5 please.

I?ll pay the shipping costs. (UK only)

Bids to close  next weekend. Payment can be by cheque or paypal,  either way the full amount will be passed onto the River Don Trust.

This is an ideal rod and line combo for our type of fishing, so please bid generously. Thanks.  :D

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=4]

Wildfisher

RichardL

Go on then ?65.  Looks a good smuggling rod for walks with the missus!

Wildfisher

past caring

Been a while since I been on Fred (got a few belated reports to chuck on over the next few days, too) but I'll weigh in with ?70. I have a bit of a "project"  :wink: in mind for next year and that rod will fit the bill nicely.
Oh, you wet, you weed, you mite! I will utterly tough you up!

Wildfisher

Full retail price  of the rod was over  ?200 I think (no I didn't pay that) and these lines are as good as you'll get for <  ?50 ................ come on guys it's a bargain and the Don troots are starving.   :lol:

Wildfisher

Quote from: past caring on December 07, 2009, 07:25:18 PM
Been a while since I been on Fred (got a few belated reports to chuck on over the next few days, too) but I'll weigh in with ?70. I have a bit of a "project"  :wink: in mind for next year and that rod will fit the bill nicely.

Cheers Simon, much appreciated

Highest  bid so far - ?70

Wildfisher

Only a  few days left  to grab this one. It  will close some time, suddenly and without warning,  :shock:  :lol:  between  00:00:00 on Saturday and 23:59:59 on Sunday. Don't miss out by leaving it until the last minute .......... get your bid in while you can!!!.... :D

Wildfisher

This rod will enable you to boldly go unnoticed where no troot fisher  has gone unnoticed  before ????.. Apologies for the split infinitive??? :biglaugh;

Wildfisher

Go To Front Page