News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

the A9 has a new tackle shop.

Started by bibio1, February 09, 2014, 11:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I wish I'd followed your example Scott. The year after I was violently sick all night. Not a great experience when there is no electricity and it's pitch black and cold. Never, ever again!  When you look at what we have now at our new EOS venue it makes you wonder why we put up with it so long.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Alan on February 15, 2014, 04:06:24 PM
You need special moments like that :lol:

Indeed. My 1995 experience of spending 24 hours stuck in Dhaka Airport, Bangladesh during a national strike watching cockroaches  the size of  domestic cats running around will never leave me.   It was almost as bad  as Greenock, but with the staple diet of fish suppers replaced by curried goat.   :lol:

Midgie Hater

Now, if pit-stops along the A9 started selling curried goat they'd have my custom! I had an ash-pit cooked goat curry in Morocco years ago. Twas wonderful - and no  :crap to follow :)

zeolite

Once when I was offshore my wife's father was taken seriouslly ill. As my wife had been at a party she was not fit to drive so my father took my special edition Impreza from Fife to Raigmore in a hurry. Triple figure stuff up the A9 apparently. As a former stock car racer and autocrosser he can drive a bit. Not a police car was seen but then everything would have been a blur.
Schrodinger's troots pictured above.

Inchlaggan

Back on topic.
Called in yesterday and had a wee sneak around. Top-end gear at standard RRP, nicely laid out. Some "standard" gear at the usual prices.
Lots of nice flees including a Peter Ross Bumble that the manager tried to sell me, but then he also invited me to fish the local river.
But what is the story about the guy living in his car on the side of the A9 just south of Bruar?
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Wildfisher

Quote from: Inchlaggan on February 16, 2014, 05:27:59 PM
a Peter Ross Bumble that the manager tried to sell me, but then he also invited me to fish the local river.

Be careful about accepting invitations from people who try to sell you Peter  Rosses.    :lol:

Inchlaggan

Thanks M-H for the link, that's the man.
Like Element I've seen the car any number of times, with assorted detritus around it. Today was the first time it seemed "occupied". A washing line and another vehicle parked nearby and four folks having a chat.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Midgie Hater

Sad to say that if he was a Traveller he'd have been moved on long ago. Bit of a predicament for him all-the-same. Personally I think if it were me in that position I'd chose somewhere a little off the road. On the other hand I suppose his prominent position is the reason why he's been helped with the kindness of strangers.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Midgie Hater on February 17, 2014, 01:04:10 AM
Sad to say that if he was a Traveller he'd have been moved on long ago.

A traveler as opposed to a loony?   :lol:

Go To Front Page