News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

the A9 has a new tackle shop.

Started by bibio1, February 09, 2014, 11:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midgie Hater

Quote from: admin on February 17, 2014, 08:59:47 AM
A traveler as opposed to a loony?   :lol:

:lol: well, I didn't like to say but...

On that basis then even loonies in lay-bys (hmmm, think I just came up with an esoteric new band name there...) are deemed more desirable than members of the Travelling community! Or perhaps less undesirable depending on one's point-of-view.

Midgie Hater

Alan, next time please try to find a bigger photograph  :roll: ;)

Didn't realise his motor was dead now too.  Yes, he's either hardy, has no feeling in his extremities or, as Fred says, bonkers!

But I have to say the story is a sad one. Of course, we don't know all that's behind the printed word in the Courier. That said. I've looked for pieces from elsewhere in a bid to fill in the blanks about why he was run out of town in the first place beyond his own personal account (old habits die hard). Usually local media who know their job (and, more especially, suffer from a lack of meaty news to fill column-inches) would leap on that straight away, smelling intrigue and scandal behind the predicament, or would follow up comments from members of his former community in order to widen the angle. Nothing's emerged so far which makes me think said community members don't want to get involved  for fear of being seen either as cruel b'stards for putting him in this situation or fear of some sort of reprisal.The Beeb did a bit on him a while back too. Presumably, given the dearth of detail in their "report", it was simply filched from the Courier piece. Not that we journalists ever pinch, paraphrase and summarise stories from other sources of course  :whistling

Highlander

Looks like the House Of Bruar has supplied him with a jaiket.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

Does the naked rambler visit him from time to time?

bibio1

I saw it by the roadside. I have got to say though it's tragic a grown man in this age is reduced to living beside the A9. He needs help.

Highlander

Indepedence or not,  An A9 lay bye would not be my first choice of somewhere to live. Nutter he may well be but he is not stupid. I am sure he knows that

(a) people will talk about him (we are doing so now)
&
(b) people will stop to talk & indeed help with provisions/money

To my mind where he is is totally unsuitable & could in time possibly cause an accident. He should be asked to move to a more suitable location. I am surprized that has not already been done. He does not seem to do too bad. Looking at the posted picture he appears better dressed than me.  :roll:
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Noddy

Alan I think you right that the guy is not stupid.  He is actually parked on the grass, I would assume that he has done that as he could be moved on from the layby.  The layby will be considered as part of the highway and under council control/byelaws.

Jim

Wildfisher

Quote from: Highlander on February 21, 2014, 09:29:32 AM
I am surprized that has not already been done.

It's the Merc, it brings a touch of class and an air of prosperity to the lay by. Had he been in a Ford he'd have been moved on months ago for lowering the tone of the place.  :D

Midgie Hater

Quote from: Alan on February 22, 2014, 01:11:38 AM
I reckon he could get the price of a camper van for that merc :8)

A good thought! Perhaps, since we've taken a concern to his welfare we should, as a community, attempt to source one for him, or to find someone wanting to offload a camper for said Merc. Failing that perhaps forum members can do him the odd food parcel drop to break the monotony of trout ;) Or even better set up a fund to provide him with a chemical toilet and weekly emptying service. Bags I don't volunteer to be on the rota   :crap  Ok then, maybe dig him a latrine.

Hmm, just thinking aloud here: what, I wonder, is the concentration of faecal matter doing to the water quality of the Garry? (and perhaps to the size of the trout?)  :shock:

east wind

Quote from: Midgie Hater on February 22, 2014, 02:09:55 AM
what, I wonder, is the concentration of faecal matter doing to the water quality of the Garry? (and perhaps to the size of the trout?)  :shock:

I've heard there are some really big browns in the Garry around that stretch
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Go To Front Page