News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

New Blog

Started by Wildfisher, April 01, 2020, 06:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I've started a new blog

https://outandabout.uk/

Great timing right at the start of he lockdown.   :lol:

It will be about all sorts of general outdoors stuff - fishing, photography, walking etc. I'm also republishing some of my old articles for years ago so I don't lose them.
I guess content will be a bit thin on the ground until this health crisis passes, but at lest it's started now. :)

Hoolet

Looks very professional Fred & a good read

Hoolet
Ye Canny Fry A Rise!

Bobfly

Good to see these articles gathered together here in an accessible way. I hope the CV19 Polis don't believe the dates shown. They will arrest you for taking too much exercise!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

Thanks guys. Feel free to comment on anything you read there.

superscot

Fred looks very pro .....will investigate later on with a nice malt of choice

Wildfisher

It's a Wordpress site Colin There are  lots of themes available and they are simple to set up and configure. Pretty much no web skills  required. I can't be bothered with all that programming stuff any more.  :lol:

burnie

Very nice Fred, like your style of writing.

arawa

An interesting and well presented blog Fred. You and I have the same attitude to fishing now; more an excuse to be out in the hills than a desire actually to catch fish. The main difference is that I always take delight in making my tea with a micro Kelly Kettle. There is something very satisfying in collecting heather twigs and using the smoke to hide from the midges!
I understand your point about (most) forums. I really don't know why, apart from boredom at present, I keep returning to FFF; it has become people just arguing for the sake of argument and no actual facts will ever persuade the regular posters to change their view anyway. But I am also a member of an eMTB forum where there is masses of helpful advice always available plus an appreciation that what suits one person might not be right for another.
Anyway, back to resorting my ready-use fly box for whenever we might get out. Although why I bother I don't know. Despite having probably thousands of flies (really), I rarely use more than half a dozen patterns all season!

David

Wildfisher

Quote from: burnie on April 02, 2020, 11:37:33 AM
Very nice Fred, like your style of writing.

Thanks Richard, it's a bit old fashioned, I have been massively influenced by the likes  of Seaton Gordon, Hamish Brown and the like.

Wildfisher

Quote from: arawa on April 02, 2020, 12:16:09 PM
The main difference is that I always take delight in making my tea with a micro Kelly Kettle.

I was thinking about about getting a jetboil, but no rush for that new.  :lol:  You really can't beat a fresh cuppy on the hill. Even just stopping to go through the ritual is therapeutic and helps  make the day more relaxing. 

Go To Front Page