News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Spring 2010 : A Very Special Fly Auction In Aid Of The River Don Trust

Started by Wildfisher, May 22, 2010, 04:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diverdave

Machar and I have been discussing the auction today and are delighted with the results. Many thanks to all those involved, a great idea and well supported.
We are hoping to use the funds buy a camera to attach to an underwater video system. We have borrowed this system from the Dee trust, who we work closely with, and got saw some fantastic images whilst i was diving the Linn of Dee for the trust. Unfortunately these were not recorded. We have used this for a couple of Don jobs, just getting used to it, and viewing fish under bridges, but see this being used in the future to collect images and video clips for use in our educational projects and for research. Things like Salmon in the classroom, a live web link in winter, so you can watch our Don fish hatch and grow on line.
I would also like some shots of fish on the Redds, and the system could be placed in the river and then we can sit well back in the (warm)  landrover and record the activity, again for use on the River Don website.

The great thing about this is it is a tool we can use for current and future River Don trust projects, and it will hopefully produce images and video clips of interest to anglers and our scientist.

Many Thanks

Dave

Go To Front Page