News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Wildfisher Fly Lines Provides Real Support To The River Don Trust

Started by Wildfisher, January 15, 2011, 05:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

In keeping with the  pledge to support the River Don Trust by donating ?1 for every line sold through the  website www.flylines.org,  Wildfisher Fly Lines has today  made a payment of £50 to the River Don Trust and hopes to continue offering financial  support into the foreseeable future.

By buying a Wildfisher Fly Line you support the concept of minimal packaging  waste, financially assist  a Scottish river  conservation charitable trust AND  get a great line at  an unbeatable price!

See the websaite  www.flylines.org

This latest donation brings the total donated by Wild Fishing Scotland members and Wildfisher Fly Lines, to  the river Don Trust,  over the past 12 months to a very healthy £240.

machar

Hi Fred

Once again can I take this opportunity of thanking yourself , Wildfisher fly Lines and Wild Fishing Scotland for the support given to The River Don Trust. In these times of cutbacks every penny we can raise goes into supporting ongoing projects being carried out on the river.
Last year two thirds of the habitat surveys were completed, while,with the aid of volunteers, a large part of our electro fishing programme was carried out. We hope to publish some of the results soon. Meantime this year the very successful educational  salmon in the classroom project has already begun in five Aberdeenshire Schools while planning permission has been applied for for the first element of our obstacle removal programme which will hopefully open up many kilometres of habitat to Don fish of all types.
Thanks once again
Best Regards
Iain
Chair River Don Trust

Wildfisher

Thanks Iain,

I believe it speaks volumes for the integrity of the members of this forum,  most of whom seldom if ever fish the  Don, that they regularly and willingly  support our fund raising efforts. Time after time I am humbled by their generosity. Others, elsewhere,  would do well to take note and follow their excellent example.

Go To Front Page