News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Chernobyl ant [line twist]

Started by lnelson20, May 16, 2007, 12:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lnelson20

Over the last couple of week's i have been fishing the Chernobyl ant's for loch broonie's with some success,but the line twist is a major pain in the backside,anyone any ideas how to solve this problem.Any suggestion's appreciated.

All the best

Chris.
c.nelson

lnelson20

Cheer's Steve,that was my first thought,the change from 4lb to 6lb has made a little differance but not a lot,very frustrating.My thoughts are if i tuck and tye the foam down at each end it may improve this problem,and make little differance to the pattern itself,i will certainly give it a whirl this weekend and see how it goes.

All the best Steve.

Chris.
c.nelson

haresear

You are on the right lines Chris. It is a combination of stiffer tippet (try fluorocarbon) and a less air resistant profile.

Why not add a long wing of anything you fancy? It will have a stabililising effect like the tail on an aeroplane does and will help the beast fly on a level plane.

Chernobyl ants are a bastard to cast anyway. Why not have a go with Turck's Tarantula? A far more user-friendly pattern :D

Alex
Protect the edge.

lnelson20

It's a funny thing Alex,i have been interested in this pattern since the first time you mentioned it here on the forum.The loch's i am fishing at the moment are not the most fertile and the fish are usually looking up for there next meal,the ant are moving them from nowhere,fun fishing at it's best :) I will take on board your suggestion's and add a wing and tye some of those taranchala's,thank's for your comment's.

All the best

Chris.
c.nelson

Go To Front Page