News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Recent posts

Open Board / Re: Whisky Reviews
Last post by SoldierPmr - Today at 08:23:36 PM
I could imagine the returns on those casks being astronomic of private sales did happen.

I've been really impressed with Penderyn lately. They have just opened another distillery about 1/2 a mile from the house. The ironically thing is the whisky is cheaper on Amazon rather than the distillery shop. The standard Madeira bottle at 46% natural colour and non chill filtered is around £37.
Last post by Jon - Today at 07:42:03 PM
Quote from: SoldierPmr on Today at 06:39:48 PMYea it seems Springbank is one of few distilleries doing it right. I think more are taking note and are following the trend. I've got a bottle of cambeltown loch but would love to taste the original 10 year old.

That's a very kind offer Jon I'd definitely take you up on that thank you.

We tried Campbeltown Loch at the tasting. I was quite impressed with it. I thought it was very good for a blend.

And no problem, I'll let you know if I can get one.

I did ask the lady who led the tasting who'd travelled from Campbeltown if they still sell casks to private individuals. I've never been told to 'go forth and multiply' so politely and diplomatically in my entire life!  ;D
Open Board / Re: Loch Lee
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 07:04:11 PM
I have had them when fishing for trout near the surface with a floating line Sean, but the better tactic is to anchor up the boat and use a fast sinker. Gold and orange flies work well. Not the most interesting way to fish though.
Open Board / Re: The Deils Heid
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 06:58:42 PM
Sometimes black and white and a lot of post processing works!  :)
Last post by SoldierPmr - Today at 06:39:48 PM
Yea it seems Springbank is one of few distilleries doing it right. I think more are taking note and are following the trend. I've got a bottle of cambeltown loch but would love to taste the original 10 year old.

That's a very kind offer Jon I'd definitely take you up on that thank you.
Open Board / Re: Loch Lee
Last post by Sean Freeman - Today at 06:15:02 PM
Always wanted to try for the char in loch Lee. It's a species I have yet to tick off in the UK. I've caught them elsewhere but it's a real achievement to catch one back home.
Open Board / Re: One Of Tom's Coos!
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 04:23:07 PM
They are certainly a great tourist attraction!  :)
Open Board / Re: One Of Tom's Coos!
Last post by Bobfly - Today at 03:16:59 PM
When we lived in Oban there was a long bend on the Loch Etive shore going east from Connel to Taynuilt. The estate had Highland coos and it was a seriously bad traffic prang hotspot for tourists stopping for holiday photos. Stop on the bend rather than walk back a hundred yards !!
Open Board / Re: Derry Cairngorm Above The ...
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 03:15:58 PM
Yes the regeneration has been impressive for sure. It is a special place.
Open Board / Re: Derry Cairngorm Above The ...
Last post by Bobfly - Today at 03:10:31 PM
The trees have seeded out and  established well in recent years. A magical place.
I camped nearby aged 12 with the walking club at Dunfermline High School. We went up Macdui, Derry Cairngorm, Cairntoul and Beinn Breach all in a week. That was me truly hooked!!!
Go To Front Page