News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Crieff Angling Club Casting Clinc

Started by Clan Ford, August 22, 2011, 11:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Ford

I've mentioned this over on the Perth Casting Club thread but just in case anyone fancies a day out the Crieff Angling Club casting clinc.  It's well worth turning up for Andy's demo, never mind the instruction!  Here are the details:-

QuoteCrieff Angling Club Notice

FREE

Fly Casting Demo & Instruction

Free fly casting demonstration and instruction from Andy Murray will take place at Dornoch dam (Strageath mill) on Sunday 4th September, 10.00am till 4.00pm.

There will be a range of Loomis equipment including the new Nano Resin rod available for trial.

Andy Murray is a professional casting instructor and fishing guide on the River Tweed. He will also advise on setting up tackle and choice of flies to those requesting.

Free light refreshments will be available for as long as they last.

Non Club Members Welcome

If anyone wants any further info just ask...

Norm

scotty9

I'd be very keen to go along but I think I'll be away fishing with a foreign friend who will be over during that time.

davefromtheattic

Thanks for the info, I wouldn't mind trying out some of the loomis rods.

Malcolm

There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

zeolite

Scotty...Those Loomis rods are crap!

Andy Murray is brilliant though. He got me going with the left hand up. Well worth the petrol money.
Schrodinger's troots pictured above.

Clan Ford

Never got there today, some family stuff cropped up and I was in Edinburgh :? 

Hope you found your way there Alan, you can't miss it - it's where all the cars are parked on the back road to Mutthill, by Peter Bairds place.  Everyone knows that - I just can't work out how you city slickers can never find your way around :lol:

Norm

Malcolm

Alan,

I'm with you! A bit heavier for me but I think the 10ft 8 weight is as heavy as I'd want to go in a single hander.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Inchlaggan

'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Clan Ford

Quote from: Alan on September 04, 2011, 06:16:02 PM

can we use that place for a forum casting day? its perfect for it.

Hi Alan,

I know the answer to that one without posing the question - NO!

Crieff Angling club don't own the land and only lease the fishing, there is much negotiation goes on to allow access for the Angling clubs official "casting clinc" - I just know they will not approve any "unoffical" activity, even if you ask nicely.

Your right it's a nice bit to practice casting, not much in the way of mown grass though.

Have you thought of inviting Andy Murray et al to your Glasgow casting club?  These guys are there to sell the gear.  We get Andy up to Crieff for the cost of his petrol and an open invitation to fish the water (which he never takes up).  I'm sure that Hardy, Sage, Diawa would send a few of thier "demonstrators" your way.  Glasgow is a bit simpler to reach than Crieff and your guys probably have much more of an interest in casting tools than your average angler in Crieff.

Norm

Clan Ford

Quote from: Inchlaggan on September 04, 2011, 07:13:27 PM
Peter, Peter? kent his faither!

Aye, I think his father was also called Peter.

Norm

Go To Front Page