News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Flies for Arkaig? Help

Started by Monkeyboab, September 20, 2006, 05:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monkeyboab

Been away from fly fishing for quite a few seasons now with trolling being my main thing at the moment but was wanting to have a wee go with the fly next week at Arkaig. Can anyone recomend and flies for up there pictures might be helpfull too as i may have some in my fly box but dont know all the names :? Just bought a new fly line for goin up cause my others were not all that expensive when i bought them and had memory in them dread to think what they will be like now after two seasons.

Any help or tips would be most apprciated.

Thanks Boab

Wildfisher

Boab,

Arkaig has the reputation of being a dour bugger of a place. Bandy and I fished it with the fly, from a boat,  in good conditions 4 years ago and never got an offer, far less a fish. You might be better trying some of the hill lochs just up the hill from the north bank

Monkeyboab

Cheers guys but im goin up there on thursday, there or Lochy but have fished lochy allot this season. Im gonna troll most of the day and have a wee go with the fly, if there is no recomendations il just pic randoms oot me flee box. If i dont catch its only me second blank of the season lol last season i blanked lots and lots and lots. Always nice to end on a high though.

Cheers Boab

Go To Front Page