News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

ADVICE NEEDED FOR PIKE FISHING

Started by Fierybroon, October 05, 2006, 04:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fierybroon

Hi folks, I need advice as I am about to after pike.Deadbaiting and lures.Need advice in setting up for the different methods.I have most of the gear but not much of a clue about using it! :?

Monkeyboab

For deadbaiting I just use a running leger rig its simplicity and it catches fish! My favorite bait is Mackrel, seems a good bait in most places with a half mackrel letting out tons of juice and casts like a bullit. I swear by the fox micron bite alarms one of my best buys. Lures? Well i have tons of lures for my normal trolling but most of these not really pike lures. My favorite pike lure isnt really what you'd expect its a 13cm blue and silver jointed thunderstick and it taken pike to over 25lb on lomond. I have a salmo slider thats also done the biz on the jerkbait rod. It has to be said i dont like the jerkbait rod its like fighting a fish with a rope tied to an oar :? Lures for small pike id say the ondex blade spinner and small rubber lures with the curly tails which are magic down the canal in kirkintilloch.

Cheers Bob

Fierybroon

Thanks folks,those links were very helpful.

aliferste

It just goes to show even a novice can catch a nice Pike.

Caught this last weekend

Put a write up on my blog

http://theriverkelvin.co.uk/blog/?p=722

Harpo

Hi there,

That's a cracking Pike from a river....great story on the website as well.

Cheers

haresear

Well done Alistair. Think I know the stretch. If I'm right it's stuffed with spawning roach and dace from Lomond in late May (and the pike follow them up).

Is that when you got your fish?
Protect the edge.

aliferste

Certainly sounds like it, sadly all the land has been sold to rear showjumping horses- the farmer has asked that we dont come back  :?

haresear

That is a pity. I don't suppose there is any harm in saying where it is then :(

Is this the Mains Farm stretch at Gatocharn church where you used to just put your money in an old biscuit tin and where the collie would bite your ankles as soon as your back was turned?
Protect the edge.

aliferste

Quote from: haresear on November 07, 2006, 10:00:35 AM
That is a pity. I don't suppose there is any harm in saying where it is then :(

Is this the Mains Farm stretch at Gatocharn church where you used to just put your money in an old biscuit tin and where the collie would bite your ankles as soon as your back was turned?

The Collies name was "Glen" which had a pure heart of darkness, the coarse competitions were held there and have now sadly been cancelled. I have known the farmer and his wife for years, in fact this is the area I first went fishing.

We were told very kindly that this was our last time  :(

haresear

Alistair,

Sometimes I think Scotland is an angler's hell. So much water that we just can't get at :x
Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page