News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

help! where to fish in Scotland

Started by neil marsh, February 27, 2008, 11:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neil marsh

:roll:Hi folks, just signed up and a bit dim with technology, please bear with me!
two pals and myself are coming up to Scotland at the end of may for a weeks fly fishing, we are
generally loch style anglers who enjoy the odd river visit, so any advice about which region to
base ourselves would be much appreciated.
many thanks and tight lines
neil m

Gary

Don't base yourself in the north east of Scotland.  :roll: Not a troot in sight.

But seriously, I would have thought the Scourie area might be a good bet but others on this sight will know more.

If you want to read up a little on what there is on offer you may want to read "Scotland's Classic Wild Trout Waters" by Lesley Crawford or Bruce Sandison's book might be an idea.

Also, the rivers and lochs database on this website might be of use.

alancrob

What are your travel arrangements etc? Will you have a car? Camping? Train to Rannoch area
gives some options.

neil marsh

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcome and  all your responses to my question, we have the bank holiday week, so dont want to spend too much time in the car, the plan is to get a cabin, not too remote as we also like a drink in the local! and the odd meal out (cant live on trout alone!) Travelling up from worcestershire so its a fair hop to the north west. Argyll has been suggested, but lots of conflicting reports about the fishing

thanks again
Neil M

dseabass

you are between a rock and a hard place there,, bank holiday weekend is only a few days , doesnt give you a lot of time for driving/fishing/eating/drinking/  could try crianlarich area , nice place fishing river dochart and some lochs around area  , not too far from loch ba either , you are only  1-2 hrs ish from glasgow  and nice drive up by  :banana  bonny banks of loch lomond   where ye can have a sing-song  :mus11;

davie

Go To Front Page