News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rannoch raider

Just back from a wee trip 'up country'. There has been  some really beautiful and effective looking patterns posted over the past few days. Brilliant tip about softening the quills prior to use too. I'll need to try that. It's great to see such a variety of nymphs appearing. My nymph collection was always a bit limited to be honest but I'm quite enjoying using them at the moment so it's brilliant to get a few tips and patterns. Great thread this.  :)

rannoch raider

Since I've been dabbling around the rivers again I've been leaving a few flies up trees here and there :roll: Anyway, I've been playing around trying to find an easy and quick to tie pattern to top the box up. I tied a few of these chaps in various sizes and gave them a swim at the weekend in a river near Crianlarich where I've always found the trout extremely difficult. I managed six fish around the 9 to 10 inch mark all on this wee pattern.  :)

[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]

The body is made from Pseudo hackle which can be trimmed to any length you like and it gives a good segmented effect that shows up well when wet.

Robbie

Lochan_load

Wildfisher

Some unweighted size 16 nymphs

[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

You like your hotspots Fred ! I see they are appearing on all manner of flies and particularly nymphs these days. You obviously feel they improve the pattern ?

Wildfisher

Quote from: rannoch raider on June 27, 2017, 02:26:07 PM
You obviously feel they improve the pattern ?

I think they do, but I have no way of proving it.  :lol:

Rather than bother with having loads of coloured beads I just add the hotspots with globrite floss

Mark

Quote from: admin on June 25, 2017, 04:25:45 PM
Half a dozen of my CDC hotspot PTN with 2.5M tungsten bead, size 14 jig hook. My most used nymph and a very quick tie.

[attachimg=1]

They are superb.

rannoch raider

I really need to tie a few of these. I like the CDC Hotspot PT too.

Mark

As simple as it gets. Hares ear grub

Go To Front Page