News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

corsican dave

beat me to it Andy  :lol:; i was just about to say "have you tried resin?" along the same lines, have you tried silicone? i haven't 'cos it just seems so messy. i suspect uv resin is a better option anyway...
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

rannoch raider

I thought that was one of your Inchlaggan trout flies Andy ! :)

Lochan_load

It is! Size 2 ;)  hooked but sadly lost my best fish up there with a fly the same as this minus the resin. Never tried silicon dave but it does sound messy, the hardness of the resin might be an issue with hook ups, silicon might help with that.

Wildfisher

Elkzilla Size 10 Partridge fine wire barbless.  Not a hook I'd use in New Zealand.

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

Some mini lures for the estuary. All synthetic material, size 10 and size 12 hooks, all barbless.  I used up some of the silver  Kamazan "Animal" carp / barbel hooks I have had lying around for some time.

[attachimg=1]

pedropete

had a bash at some beetles, not a pattern I've had a chance to fish yet , worth a space in the box, i hope, has anyone had many days fishing this kind of pattern?

[attachimg=1]

hook,fullingmill s/s barbless 12
black craft foam
black peacock hearl body 2/3rds
peackock dubbing thorax
p.t fiber legs.

Wildfisher

My kind of flies Pete. I use big terrestrials very often.

pedropete

im glad to hear that, when you say big!! how big?? these ones are quite small.

Wildfisher

Size 8 or bigger.  This is a 10. Long legs don't do any harm either. Sometimes they want them big, sometimes not. It's good to have a mix of sizes in your box.

[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page