News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Beneath the Black Water, Jon Berry

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2011, 10:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverbutcher

Thanks for the link. Have just bought from Amazon for reading in Tenerife.  :lol:

Billy

Wildfisher

I just got my copy. Pretty fast delivery!  :D

silverbutcher

Just arrived.  :D Cannae wait to read it. Off to the sun tomorrow  :wave2

Billy

Clan Chief

Look forward to reading your comments chaps, wont be long, as I reckon you will read it in one or two sittings

fergie

Its certainly a good read i tried to make it last as long as i could. I'm sure anyone of us who are totally hooked on fishing will see will see some of themselves in jon and his book.

feroxfisher

Got to agree with everyone.I heard about the book on the site on tuesday,ordered it and had it delivered thursday.I tried to keep it till the weekend as i was off to the caravan :roll:opened it thursday for a wee preview and didnt put it down till it was finished.Excellent book and a must read.

kevin

Wildfisher

I flew through the first 4 chapters last night. It is a very easy book to read, well written in a clear and interesting style.

Wildfisher

I have now finished this book. Like all the best fishing books (imo) it is written around fishing, not about fishing (which, also imo, tends to be dull).

A tale of disillusionment with life, work and stocked fishing,  personal bankruptcy, broken relationships and obsession. Most of us will see some element of ourselves in there.

This is not a fly fishing book, the fishing element is trolling for ferox, but I'd say if you only intend to read one fishing related book this year, you could do worse than pick up this one. Well written and extraordinary easy to read.

trout n about

Thanks for the input on this book :) As some of you know my passion is trolling for Ferox. Will order a copy tonight :D

Andy

Wildfisher

Quote from: trout n about on November 12, 2011, 07:03:21 PM
Thanks for the input on this book :) As some of you know my passion is trolling for Ferox. Will order a copy tonight :D

Andy ,

I got my copy on Amazon. Hard back, £7.94 inc P+P.  You'll love it, it's a great read.  :8)

Go To Front Page