News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Beneath the Black Water, Jon Berry

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2011, 10:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trout n about

Quote from: admin on November 12, 2011, 07:09:35 PM

Andy ,

I got my copy on Amazon. Hard back, £7.94 inc P+P.  You'll love it, it's a great read.  :8)

Cheers Fred thats it ordered :D

Andy

fergie

I will have to put his theory of trolling the black water to the test next year.  :wink:

Wildfisher

Quote from: fergie on November 12, 2011, 10:44:32 PM
I will have to put his theory of trolling the black water to the test next year.  :wink:

Up to Shin then is it?   :D

fergie

Wildfisher

Don't know if you can launch your own boat there fergie, but the Lairg club boats are  top notch. You can at least take your own engine to save a bit on the hire costs. It's a long way to pull a boat anyway.  Shin is a big intimidating water, but it is stuffed with fish.  :8)

fergie

Ive only heard good stuff about the boat hire and the fishing fred. :D like you say its a long way so it would have to be a long weekend minimum.Ive a old vw camper so wouldnt need accommodation .Do they still have that No sunday fishing pish up there.?

Wildfisher

Quote from: fergie on November 12, 2011, 11:37:10 PM
.Do they still have that No sunday fishing pish up there.?

Not as far as I know. I have fished shin on a Sunday anyway,  perhaps some of the others will know if the boats are out on Sundays.

No info on their site, but the boat hire is cheap if you have your own engine.

http://www.lairganglingclub.co.uk/about-us

fergie

Id take my wee 4hp yam so thats sorted.There must be some monsters in there.Must have a look at it on google earth and the bathymetric maps site. I believe theres a fair size fish farm operating on the loch. :roll:

Wildfisher

Quote from: fergie on November 13, 2011, 12:19:47 AM
I believe theres a fair size fish farm operating on the loch. :roll:

In common with most big  highland lochs, both ends, or at least there were.  Still we anglers obviously need them as SANA has to get its stockie basher's competition sponsorship somewhere.  :roll:

fergie

I had a look at the overskaig hotel website there. Plenty of nice wild brownies on there All dead  :?  take it catch and release isnt part of the agenda up there.Rows of dead fish in a car park does nothing for me. I think if i make it up there i will give the hotel a miss.

Go To Front Page