News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Beneath the Black Water, Jon Berry

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2011, 10:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inchlaggan

Judging by the Amazon parcels that have arrived here, SWMBO AKA "Santa's Little Helper" has ensured that my copy will be opened on December 25th. I can give you a pretty exact time as well. After Christmas lunch, the nice bottle of malt my brother-in-law provides will be opened. SWMBO, mother-in-law and the badly-behaved-dug will settle down to watch some shite on the telly and all fall asleep. I turn the volume down, pour a second malt and open my book.
Can't see anything wrong with that......
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Clan Chief

Great to read the author's comments, nice touch!  :)

fergie

A fine book jon well done. :D  :applause

Black-Don

Have been spurred on by the reviews to get a copy via Amazon for going under the tree for xmas !

Should be here by Saturday so might have a wee sneak preview  :)

waafisher

Got mine too and tucked under the tree for a Xmas read.
Brian
waafisher

Malcolm

This was one of two outstanding presents I got this year. I'm about 30% of my way through it and I am already sure it's going to be joining my small list of truly great fishing books.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Wildfisher

Quote from: Malcolm on January 02, 2012, 11:33:06 AM
I am already sure it's going to be joining my small list of truly great fishing books.
It's already on mine Malcolm. Fishing books should be about more than fishing. This one is. 

Guddler

Have to agree with everyone else - a really excellent read. I'm two thirds of the way in and have actually forced myself to put it down a few times so as not to use it all up at once, if that makes any sense?

Not sure if it's this book or Fergie and Andy's presence on the forum but I'm finding myself inexorably drawn towards trolling Shetland's only ferox loch next season!   :worms :lol:

fergie

Quote from: Guddler on January 02, 2012, 10:54:27 PM
Have to agree with everyone else - a really excellent read. I'm two thirds of the way in and have actually forced myself to put it down a few times so as not to use it all up at once, if that makes any sense?

Not sure if it's this book or Fergie and Andy's presence on the forum but I'm finding myself inexorably drawn towards trolling Shetland's only ferox loch next season!   :worms :lol:

Go for it Guddler  :D You know it makes sense. :wink:
Whats the name of the loch .?

Guddler

It's the Loch of Girlsta, Fergie. The only loch in Shetland, as far as I know, with char and ferox. Here's a 6lber that came out of it a few years ago and ended up stuffed and mounted.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/burnyman30/3776814875/#sizes/l/in/photostream/

I was off in the boat two seasons ago and ended up waiting into the darkness when I came ashore, a little concerned for two other guys I'd seen out spinning in a very small skiff. They eventually appeared looking pretty shellshocked having had a lengthy tussle with the biggest troot they'd ever hooked before losing it.

My mate has a downrigger and holders that we've spoken about trying before but never got round to - this could be the year to get ourselves started!

Go To Front Page