News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Beneath the Black Water, Jon Berry

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2011, 10:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doogs

Enjoyed this very much, nice to be able to connect with many of the places.  Particularly liked the chat with Ron Greer.  Thanks WFF............

Tweed

Some rave reviews indeed.  Tomcatin's, combined with me finally making some headway through my winter reading pile, has finally pushed me over the edge - ordered from Amazon for less than a tenner - nae bad.  Cannae wait. :D

Andy T

Black-Don

I got round to starting it the other night and am thoroughly enjoying it. Jeesh, Shin is a hell of a place to catch your 1st ferox  :shock:

Black-Don

Finished the book last night, I don't usually enjoy fishing books as they can go on a bit at times but this was a good read as well as being about fishing.

Tweed

Just to add my tuppence worth to all of the above.  I really, really enjoyed this book.  A nice, easy read and one that will resonate with lovers of wild fish (particularly Brown trout) and wild places anywhere.  The author also ensures that it's not just about the fishing and bears just enough of his soul to make for a really interesting read and give most folk plenty that they can identify with.  

I'd almost say it's a must read.  Really nice also to be able to relate not just to the love of fishing aspect, but to have it based on Scotland and the Highlands almost makes it feel personal.

Top drawer, and looking forward to reading it again in a few months.  I'm just hoping I can resist the daft thoughts now formulating in my head about fruitlessly chasing Ferox in the near future. . . .  :roll:

Andy T

Tweed

Note re the above post: embarressingly enough, I hadn't realised John Berry was a member and had actually contributed to this thread  :oops:.  Doesn't change any of the above though.

Strangely, my missus picked up the book the other night, having never shown any interest in anything fish/fishing related the entire time I've known her.  She hasn't put it down since and says she's really enjoying it - now that is a recommendation :shock: :lol:

Go To Front Page