News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Paul Young - Hooked On Fishing DVDs

Started by Wildfisher, July 16, 2012, 07:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

The Irish DVD is great, for example catching a stunning 5lb wild brown on Lough Sheelin on dry  fly.  Then on the Scottish one an entire programme is given over to catching hideous pellet pigs at Kingennie trout fishery near Dundee,   another is catching rainbows on two dams in Glen  Devon and another stockie bashing on Loch Fad.

Scotland has at least as much to offer as Ireland, but you'd never know that from watching this.  If an Englishman had made a film like  that about fishing in Scotland he'd be driven back over the border in  a torrent of expletives.

dazdidge

Forbes of Kingennie? I have been offered a days fishing there by a supplier, breakfast followed by a mornings fishing then lunch and an afternoons fishing and finished off with supper.
Want to take my place Fred as I think I might be busy that day :lol: They have prizes for biggest fish, heaviest bag and most fish caught, might be right up your street :tongue2

daz

Wildfisher

Quote from: daz on July 17, 2012, 11:22:42 PM
Want to take my place Fred as I think I might be busy that day
Tempting as that generous offer is Daz I must respectfully decline. Somehow I doubt that in real life Paul Young would fish there.  :lol:

Quote from: daz on July 17, 2012, 11:22:42 PM
They have prizes for biggest fish, heaviest bag and most fish caught

I heard that. The winner gets a free day ticket, the runner up gets a free weekly ticket and third place  gets a free season ticket.     :lol:

alancrob

I would recommend the day at Kingennie.

It has a well stocked shop and the people running it know what they are selling. Also the restaurant serves some really nice food. You could probably spend a decent day there without fishing.

They used to have a good looking course pool but I think that is now where "the big fish" live!

I believe they have built another 100 houses and a golf course since the last time I was there so it should be very busy, and there might even be a wedding on. Sounds like a day not to be missed.

A.

fergie

Aye the rod getting pulled out his hands by a huge salmon is tv gold . :lol: The yank guide freaks out too   :freeked :freeked :lol: :roflmao :roflmao

deergravy

Quote from: fergie on July 18, 2012, 02:06:05 PM
Aye the rod getting pulled out his hands by a huge salmon is tv gold . :lol: The yank guide freaks out too   :freeked :freeked :lol: :roflmao :roflmao
That was a classic!
I'd like to see some of the earlier ones, I think they were made by STV?
I remember one where he was on south Uist, fishing Roag, Grogarry and Bee

I like PY, much less grating than some self-styled experts.
Considering how many programs he's made, I'd say the hit rate is pretty high. For every stockie bash or tedious bream-fishing sop, there's a thrilling encounter with huge sea trout, or dorado, or giant Alaskan salmon.
He's been everywhere, done it and made a film of it too. Good luck to him.
Oh and he has filmed some great stuff in Scotland - a whumper off Caladail and a 20lber on the Spey spring to mind

Edit; I'm guessing the compilers of these DVDs didn't give a shit about trifles like quality of content

Wildfisher

Quote from: deergravy on July 21, 2012, 08:17:05 PM
Oh and he has filmed some great stuff in Scotland

Indeed he has Dave. What a shame they didn't put some of it on these DVDs.

Go To Front Page