News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

My own book

Started by bushy palmer, August 14, 2013, 09:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emc

I think that is an incredible achievement.

One of my nieces writes for magazines and has just finished the second draft of her first novel. Bit airy fairy for me but I've seen just how much work goes into it.

Fred's right though, there is nothing like a book. Always going back to dip into one long after the magazines have been chucked out.

Midgie Hater

Brilliant achievement! Don't know how I missed this thread. I too looked at a couple of the extracts on Amazon and it's very well written. Echoing other comments on here, i've often thought about attempting to get a published book out. I have years of journals, notes and prose pieces. Mind you I have had several articles published down the years in the outdoor press, most recently in TGO a couple of years back, but I never seem to be in the right "mental place" to put it all together and craft the finished item. But however you put it out there, it's still inspired and inspiring! (as responses in this thread clearly demonstrate :)  )

Wildfisher

You should go for it Les. I'll be your first customer.

I'm sure Brian's effort has inspired and shaken a few of us up. It's sometimes said that everyone has at least one good book in them. I'll probably have a go myself.  I need a winter project.  :lol:

Inchlaggan

Quote from: admin on August 16, 2013, 06:14:37 PM
  I need a winter project.
So do I, few ideas in the mix for the workshop- suggestions always welcome.
Now I fancy a self-published SBS book, again, suggestions welcome.
But firstly, tnx BP for this insight, book is ordered for my birthday.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Midgie Hater

Quote from: admin on August 16, 2013, 06:14:37 PM
You should go for it Les. I'll be your first customer.

I'm sure Brian's effort has inspired and shaken a few of us up. It's sometimes said that everyone has at least one good book in them. I'll probably have a go myself.  I need a winter project.  :lol:

I wouldn't make such promises until you've actually read some extracts Fred! (if they ever make it "out there" that is :lol: ) However, thanks for the pre-endorsement :)

Mind you, given the clear inspiration and shakeup you mention, I wonder if the net result will be a flood (getting the riparian pun in there. Ahem) of such books and an eventual expectation, followed by disappointment, recrimination and alienation when the numerous budding authors realise that forum members can't buy every one that's published, resulting in a breakaway "Wild Fishing Self-Published Forum of Bitterness" set up by disaffected, alientated and rejected forum pensmiths spouting venom about WWF members who didn't buy their tome? ;)

Actually no. That won't happen. WFSPFOB doesn't exactly roll off the tongue!

Wildfisher

Got mine too. All I need now is a a rainy day  :lol:

13Fisher1

Hopefully my copy will be at home when I get back at end of the week!!!!
A change from reading Jo Nesbo - Crime thrillers!

silverbutcher

Just home from work. Book has arrived. Will have a start on it tonight.

All the best
Billy

Clan Chief

My copy arrived on Saturday. I'm about halfway through it. Thoroughly enjoying it and can relate to quite a lot of it except the chapter about Rod Speak!  :)

bushy palmer

Go To Front Page