News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Trout and Salmon - why do I read it!

Started by Clan Ford, September 02, 2006, 12:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

badger

Well while on this topic, I had an interesting experience recently when I went to fish down in the borders. Upon entering into a certain tackle shop and cheerily asking for trout/grayling fishing permits for my brother and I found myself met with what was at best a questioning look and at worst a "oh shit what a little squirt, this man has come to destroy the salmon fishing for all the folks paying 300 quid a day". Being a reasonable chap I tried to get a bit of banter, but it was quite clear that we were not welcome. Apparently there were to be legions of salmon fishers down on the river just wanting some peace and quiet away from dirty wee trootmesters. In the end we paid 15 quid between us and caught begger all (probably us of course). And best of all there were actually very few salmon fishers to be seen. Left a bitter taste truth be told.

Wildfisher

My sub to FF+FT  has expired and I won't be renewing it.

Why?

Because I can get better, more up to date and FREE info. from the web.

The fishing mag. days are numbered. Spend your money wisely and buy books.. Books are for life. Mags are for the budgie's cage.

rabbitangler

Quote from: Acefisher on October 04, 2006, 11:45:58 PM
Yeah Swithun ,
                      I,m with Hamish on this. I can recommend John Menzies in the St. Nicholas Centre in bonnie Aberdeen . Many is the lunch hour I,ve spent reading all of the fishy mags , ( and maybe others  :oops: , nah , just kiddin' ) and all for free . I have to say that most can be read in a lunch time , not a lot new  :( ,

Paul.

I've only one thing to say

CHEAPSKATES

Rabbitangler
Reporting Scotland
A weel kent Newsagents
Reading the mags fur free :D :D

Wildfisher

The General

Lucky youz

They put them in sealed plastic bags up here soze u can't get a free read.
I can't read anyway.

Davie

The General

To bite same as the rest of my fingers

Davie

guvnor77

I used to get the T+S to check out Davie McPhails flies - i go to Youtube now - he's got loadsa videos posted. I remember a few years ago, the mag asked readers how they got over the problem of taking Co2 cartrdiges for theit life preservers onto flights to Florida etc etc- i wrote in saying they should simply shove them up their arse. Sadly, i never got to see my letter in print!

Go To Front Page