News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

bruce sandison

Started by Its Me, January 22, 2009, 06:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Its Me

any update on Bruce Sandisons next edition of rivers and lochs

Sandison

Dear Andypandy

Now up to 190,000 words and on the home straight - the winning line is 350,000 words - and believe me, I really, really, really want to cross that line as soon as I can.

No violin's, please, I know that I shouldn't have joined if I couldn't take a joke, and all about the heat in the kitchen and so on. I am doing the best that I can.

But it is kind of you to ask and it mightily helps to keep me focused on this terrifying, yet amazingly exciting task.

Best wishes

Bruce
Bruce Sandison

east wind

Although a bit set in my ways this weather, i miss having mine at hand for reference. I had the most recent edition till early last season.

A mate was working in Sweden at that time (Trollhatten, that near you Runarsson ?) Anyway he gets to know these mad keen anglers in a pub who were planning a fishing trip over here.

In a moment of patriotic generosity off went the book for their perusal.

Look forward to the new one.

Cheers,

EW
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Its Me

thanks Bruce for letting us know how you are getting on with the book     cheers andy

Pearly Invicta

Bruce, if extra encouragement is required...I think we all owe you a debt of gratitude for putting out the previous versions.
I graduated from stocky dubs by getting the first edition out of Perth library and reading about a wee loch called Loch Eigheach that sounded like my kind of place. I've barely fished a rainbow water since. The first port of call on any exploratory jaunt in your wee book.

And, of course, the words, "nothing for the glass case but..." have entered our rich fishing vocabularly!

Keep yer lum reekin, and a dram to hand.

Wildfisher

Bruce Sandison is the most significant Scottish /  Scottish  based angling writer  of the past 30 years. His work has  greatly increased  awareness of our wonderful, genuine Scottish  trout fishing heritage in times when  supermarket style pile ?em high and sell ?em cheap rainbow trout fisheries have proliferated,   promoting  an environmentally unsustainable and  lowest common denominator masquerade that has about  as much in common with real trout fishing  as dangling a baited hook in an aquarium.

Crawhin

Bruce,

I bought a paperback copy of the first edition as a teenager on a dire family holiday in Inverness and not only did it save me from the slow onset of brain death with the folks on that holiday but opened up a whole new world of hitherto closed angling options and information. I think I read it cover to cover straight off (got to say that, as a novel, it doesn't have much in the way of plot development but you just couldn't beat the background setting  :lol:) and in the years afterwards it was cherished literally to bits.

Since then I've always had a copy with me wherever I've been in the world and you've pointed me towards countless great days out up and down our country that I'll never forget. In planning troot hunting raids back home I just have to open your book, in conjunction with a map, and I'm immediately transported to a rough hillside path on my way into some remote lochan or other which I just know this time will produce that elusive 'glass-case specimen'.  :)

Thanks for it all boss and keep up the good work.

Ian      

Wildfisher

Quote from: claretbumble on January 23, 2009, 10:32:33 AM
I agree with the sentiment, but if you'll forgive me, those 2 sentences are ripe for inclusion in Private Eye's "Pseud's Corner" or "OBN"!  :crap

:biglaugh;

Pearly Invicta

I recently caught a rogue goby by dangling one of Hans micro flees in the tank. Took about 2 hours and had him hooked 4 times.
Eventually caught him and punted him back into the Easthaven rockpool from whence he originally came.

A very satisfying bit of fly fishing.

Harpo

Quote from: Pearly Invicta on January 22, 2009, 10:01:11 PM
Bruce, if extra encouragement is required...I think we all owe you a debt of gratitude for putting out the previous versions.
I graduated from stocky dubs by getting the first edition out of Perth library and reading about a wee loch called Loch Eigheach that sounded like my kind of place. I've barely fished a rainbow water since. The first port of call on any exploratory jaunt in your wee book.

And, of course, the words, "nothing for the glass case but..." have entered our rich fishing vocabularly!

Here here :applause, excactly the same case with me, I remeber my friend showing me this new book that he had bought, which kead to our brilliant trip into the Wild Lochs of Gairloch. Since then I have never had Rainbow trout slime on my hands !! I don't own a copy myself but will make sure I do when the new addition comes out.

Go To Front Page