News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

bruce sandison

Started by Its Me, January 22, 2009, 06:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Quote from: Steve on January 23, 2009, 09:34:37 PM
Without Trout lochs of Scotland I would still be fishing put and take.

There is one stockie bashing forum I know that gives Bruce Sandison a bit of a hard time (in his absence of course), snide comments, ridiculing fly choice suggestions etc etc.

Reading this thread, I wonder if it?s just a  coincidence that Bruce?s writing  has helped  anglers move on from such places?

haresear

I owe the same debt of gratitude. Without Bruce, I would never have discovered a fraction of the lochs I have fished over the years. I can quote from memory, passages of the Trout Lochs of Scotland and see the photographs in my mind's eye. I gave away a dog eared edition of the book to a couple of guys up at Achiltibuie and thankfully later got an updated version to replace it.

Without having read Bruce I may well never have joined this forum  and I would certainly have been a poorer man for that as well having missed out on visiting all those wonderful lochs in Assynt and the like.

Thanks, Bruce.

Alex

Protect the edge.

haresear

Quotethere would be a lot of poorer wild troot anglers out there if it was not for Bruce,s book ,a lot of people have a lot of memories that they would never have had if they hadn,t picked up the book myself included

Amen

Alex
Protect the edge.

superscot

My thoughts entirely many a night spent pondering over maps and referring back to the book ....mines in a fairly good condition
[attachimg=1]

haresear

Who is that on the cover lads? Ray Collier?

Alex
Protect the edge.

haresear

Quote from: claretbumble on January 24, 2009, 12:10:19 AM
Ray Collier? I went to school with a Ray Collier... brother was called Ian?

I've never met the man CB, so I don't know. I used to read a lot of articles by RC and at that time I think he had a big beard and was based in Lochinver, which make me think the photo on the cover may be him. He seems to be in Inverness area now...  http://www.guardian.co.uk/profile/raycollier/rss

Alex
Protect the edge.

superscot

Sure Bruce will inform us  :)

haresear

Thanks Steve. It is funny how these daft questions niggle away at you over the years.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Clan Chief

Hi Bruce what time scale do have for completion? Really looking forward to the revised edition. I do have a copy of your book and remember exactly where I purchased it. I got it from  a wee shop in Braemar . Can't remember the name of the shop but what I do remember is that I purchased it after a day hillwalking up Lochnagar. I have planned many of my wild fishing days with the aid of your brilliant guide and also spent many a long hour on winters nights pouring over maps with your book visualising days in the wild come the summer.
Thanks!

superscot

Quotetell me in 10 years time how it tastes   

Gav the very same as it was 20 years ago ....just like a bottle of TCP

Go To Front Page