News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

bruce sandison

Started by Its Me, January 22, 2009, 06:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Moray

The naivety of the beginner ...
One of my 1st posts on here was asking if it was recommended to pick up "Trout Lochs", local 2nd hand bookshop had it.

An invaluable reference, evangelical even.
My copy is currently in the hands of 2 Welshmen planning a trip to the hill lochs in May.
Willing purchasers of a new edition too.

Good luck with the new edition Bruce, and thanks for taking the time to do it.
Tony

sandyborthwick

Bruce has several great books, I noticed one second hand paperback Amazon a mere snip at over ?128.00 :shock:. I bet Bruce never got that for it. I'm just waiting for the new book with my brother so there's plenty on here alone out to purchase this.

I learnt about the book in the GAC several years back when they where singing its praises and rightly so!.

Sandy B.O.     

Malcolm

Quote from: gavceltic on January 24, 2009, 02:51:48 AM
Im in the middle of "Tales of the loch" just now and will no doubt be posting something about it when im finished it, although im not in any hurry to finish it as it is so good, I have to limit myself to 1 or 2 chapters (lochs) per night just to make it last.

That's a cracker of a book, not only is it his best book in my opinion, it stands with the top half dozen of my all time favourites. I'm still after that Laidon trout!
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

garryh

i also have a copy of Bruce's book the "sporting gentlemans gentleman"a book in which he went round Scotland collecting stories and experiences from gillies and gamekeepers.full of interest and humor written in his inimitable style.a great read for anyone who enjoys Bruce's writing

cheers Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

Sandison

Sorry for the delay in responding. Yes, it is Ray Collier. He used to work with SNH and the pic is, I think, on Loch Sionascaig in the Inverpolly National Nature Reserve.  Ray retired quite a few years ago, but still contributes to a number of publications on wildlife matters.
Bruce Sandison

scottish-loch-lad

Looking forward to the new version !!!

Im in London today and on teh way down in between calls, contracts and customers i whipped out my copy of the Bible and had a flick through.

My boss asked "whats that you have there"

wouldnt you like to know.................

Go To Front Page