News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Looking for a copy of Angling on Lomond by Bill McEwan

Started by np01, February 23, 2009, 10:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Part-time

I have a copy of the book which it belonged to my grandfather so I don't want to part with it. I can scan and email you the map from the back of the book if you want plus any particular pages or chapters of interest.

John

rabbitangler

Quote from: np01 on February 23, 2009, 08:06:42 PM
Had figured on just buying a day ticket at ?15 each time I went - so say ?45-60 although when you factor in the cost of a shared boat and engine its probably closer to ?30 each time. Still a good day out when compared to say Golf where ?30 buys you onto an indifferent course for 4 hours of self-flagellation

Might try making some enquiries of the guys at the link provided by Malcolm - although from what I understand there seems to be a lot of very tight lipped individuals (understandably!!) within the Lomond scene. However, don't ask...

slight cross wiring there I meant for the book, I've got a copy and don't use it so it would be better in the hands of a lomond angler than me.

alancrob

Quotea fairly unassailable position as the 09 Blanks Champ
QuoteHoy you!! That's my crown an' I'm no gonnae let it go withoot a fight

Then let the fighting commence.

I will come along to ensure a 0-0 draw!  :lol:
(Bloody amateurs)

Jonah!

np01

Quote from: rabbitangler on February 24, 2009, 12:48:41 AM

slight cross wiring there I meant for the book, I've got a copy and don't use it so it would be better in the hands of a lomond angler than me.

Sorry! After looking on ebay/amazon it looks like these things go for ?25-45 ish. Which is too rich for me. I was planning on mouching round some second hand bookshops and over time hopefully pick up a copy for a tenner or something like that. Wouldn't feel right suggesting that to you as you could get really good money for it elsewhere and I don't want to be considered to have "chanced my arm" with other forum members - hope that makes sense. And thanks again for your help

Regards

Nick

np01

Quote from: Highlander on February 24, 2009, 12:21:44 AM
I might have some old fishing maps showing drifts & depths from my old days when I frequented the Big Loch. If I can find them you are more than welcolme to them.
Tight Lines

Thanks Highlander.

np01

Quote from: wee bri on February 23, 2009, 10:15:59 PM
My my, you're a glutton for punishment Nick :roll:
One set of grannies at a time please.
If you have any stamina left......or sense of humour.....I'll be happy to assist you in catching bugger all at Loch Leven in 2010  :D :D :D

wee bri..........

I'll happily take you up on that Wee Bri. Had a couple of days on Leven last year - bright sun and easterlies both times - Nuff said! When does the season begin on Loch Leven - I have a feeling it starts later than 15/3? Probably not worth fishing till april/may in any event?? Mind you that's the good thing about dedicating yourself to fishing over fishless water, it's a branch of the sport that tends to be almost unaffected by weather or season!

Malcolm

Aye it's a bugger at times! We keep on going back though because we know how terrific it can be on warm cloudy days in September or warm nights in the summer. There can't be many other venues where you can get these big fish in good numbers in the right conditions. Last years cold winds in mid summer was a real killer.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

np01

Had two unsuccessful outings on Leven last year, but given these were my first experiences of the loch, I chalked them up to a "learning experience". Think last year was very hit and miss throughout the season because of the prolonged Easterlies. Needless to say, the day before I fished Leven for the second time a couple of locals had taken a bag of about a dozen fish between them in the space of 4 hours - not one fish below a pound - all on black and red buzzers, in a warm, windy overcast afternoon.

Despite blanking both times the experience was fantastic. Partly because of the quality of fish that lurk below the surface and partly because of the heritage of the Loch. Really keen to get a much better understanding of the loch this year. Is it true it tends to fish better at night?

Malcolm

In mid summer we always had the best of the fishing after 9pm and on the dawn session - I don't know if they do that one any longer. Personally I wouldn't fish during a warm summers day. September days can be superb. 
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Ian_M

Quote from: Malcolm on February 26, 2009, 11:10:40 AM
In mid summer we always had the best of the fishing after 9pm and on the dawn session - I don't know if they do that one any longer. Personally I wouldn't fish during a warm summers day. September days can be superb. 

Ah, the memories, but alas they are only memories.
Ian

Go To Front Page