News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Fly Culture magazine...

Started by pedropete, August 28, 2018, 05:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedropete

just ordered a first copy of the new fly culture magazine , looks pretty sweet with high-quality photos and hopefully writing to match,not everyones cuppa at £9 groats per copy ill take a punt on the first issue.

www.flyculturemag.com

About Fly Culture
Published quarterly, Fly Culture is a fly fishing journal of high quality writing and photographs that capture the essence of what fly fishing means to us all.

Are you sitting in the office? Or on the sofa at home watching TV? Do you wish you could be fishing instead? We'll take you with us as we travel to rivers, lakes and streams at home and beyond in search of fish, friendship and adventure.

At Fly Culture we care about our natural resources and the fish we pursue. We will take a strong stance on conservation and ask the questions that, at times, need to be asked.

We don't do reviews, 'how-to', or 'why don't you'. You can get all that on the internet. We don't do 'grip and grins' or hero shots. We don't care about numbers and we don't measure how much fun we had in pounds or inches. We are not 'where, what and when', we are 'why'.

Run by fly anglers who are passionate about their pastime. Fly Culture is a progressive, forward-thinking magazine that is in touch with what is happening in the fly fishing community.

We run Fly Culture as ethically as possible, from the paper and ink that we use to supporting the causes that matter.

For us, it isn't about the money, it is about something far more important – fishing and friendship.

sagecirca

I have an article on my San trip from last year in the second issue.  £9 isn't much these days for hopefully, a good magazine with plenty of stories and no advertising!

pedropete

nice one david, look forward to that..

loch coulter

Bobfly

Not sure what "Ram it" means ..... !  Translation please.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Billy

Quote from: Bobfly on August 28, 2018, 11:51:55 PM
Not sure what "Ram it" means ..... !  Translation please.

Vaughan,

Its an old colloquialism which basically means that when someone is not too happy with something that they would prefer that it was entered into a bodily orifice without using some kind of lubrication. And not, I might add, their own orifice.

Billy

Lochan_load

Ie "my dear fellow 9pounds seems an inflated cost for an angling quarterly, that is far beyond what I would be willing to pay, kindly place it where the sun seldom shines"

Or £9! Ram it!

Bobfly

Pretty much what I had thought !!

Bobfly

Not that big a price if the quality is good. No advetrs means sales only to pay for everything and that may be difficult to build up. I hope it succeeds. For T n S you do get 12 copies of much the same stuff for your subs  :shock:

Wildfisher

It's the same guys who  did the "not for profit" (which was actually used to promote their guiding business) online monthly  - eat sleep fish or whatever it was called. Our own Fish Wild was genuinely not for profit but it's not a sustainable model. It only worked when I was unable to work because of my eye issues and had loads of spare time. Not for profit will never be a long term enterprise once the novelty wears of for the writers and publishers.

Charging makes more sense as long as the quality / price balance is right. I have not bought a fishing mag since 2012 and the was a copy of Trite And Salmond  in Manchester Airport whilst on the way to NZ.

I wish them the best of luck, they will need it. Personally I'd be more likely  to spend that kind of money on books. Books are forever, mags are destined to become budgie cage liners.

Go To Front Page