News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Wild fly fishings "must reads"

Started by alba, April 12, 2018, 11:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoolet

Quote from: johnny boy on July 31, 2019, 09:27:37 AM
I too have ghillied for him, I thought the thread was about good books.

Well will this do?

Bumped into him on Swannay many moons ago maybe a year or so before he was run out of town,
Starstruck as a daft laddie would be I sidled up to him and asked what he would recommend for a cast...."Read my book" was the answer....proper Snidey bastard
I'ts always surprised me he hasn't been  twatted on the shores of the lake or wherever else he's now plying his bullshit......and I never did buy the book

Hoolet
Ye Canny Fry A Rise!

alba

Quote from: Roobarb on July 31, 2019, 01:58:15 AM
I have ghillied for the cunt.
He is incapable of fishing in a flat calm or anywhere near weedbeds, the shore or water less than four feet deep, he has to be in open water pulling like the wanker he is. Ties a nice fly, couldn't hook a salmon in a farm cage.
But it wasn't the fishing that put me off so much as the expectation that I would run around after his arse all day at his beck and call and all for no monetary reward.

Cheap shots maybe but not as cheap as him.

Andy

It should now be known that the only wild fly fishing must read is Andy's quote here, that was outstanding mate haha!

Highlander

QuoteI have ghillied for the cunt

Andy why can't you just say what you mean
:roll:

With hindsight I think the C word should be removed though.
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

johnny boy

Quoteas I am just as opinionated as the authors

Really  :D

QuoteOne or two of his fly patterns are very good, I will give him that.

Are they his flies?  I know one fly he has taken from mine, changed it slightly, renamed it and now says its much better than the original.  My fly has had 10 years of action so the conclusions of how successful it is are based on valid factors, not one-off days.  Anyway I am not bitter, should he feel the need to do this sort of thing that's his business.   But this thread was not about the character of the author rather than the book its self (or am I missing something). By all means start a thread about the guy, I am sure it would get plenty anecdotes, I may even add a few myself.

Bobfly

I am almost feeling the need to offer his lordship the trial of a float tube for a weedy and rocky bit of fishing, but I did say "almost".    :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page