News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Jetboil Clones

Started by Wildfisher, February 24, 2024, 08:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Quote from: Fishtales on February 25, 2024, 03:53:54 PMThree burners though. I would worry about gas usage on long stays especially in cooler temps.

My thoughts exactly.

Fishtales

Quote from: Wildfisher on February 25, 2024, 03:58:41 PMMy thoughts exactly.

Mine boils a litre of water in my kettle in no time. A 250 cannister lasts at least two six day trips (I think :) ).
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

scoobyscott

I have the alpkit equivalent of the jet boil. Great wee bit of kit for a fresh brew when fishing

Bobfly

This topic prompted me to check on my worthy old brass Optimus Svea 123 petrol stove. Been in manufacture for more than a century and still on sale now priced at £125 to £150! Burns three and a half hours or more on half a litre of fuel. Unaffected by temperature or altitude. Remarkable wee thing and compact although 500gms because of it being brass. Sounds like a doodle-bug coming over. Pleased to see it still being made today. Still works really well and with the little eighth of a litre tank full there is near an hour burn time so often no need to carry extra fuel.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

arawa

I only ever want to boil water and use a mini Kelly Kettle (about the size of a tin of beans). Cannot explain why but I really enjoy using it! And there is never a shortage of heather for fuel ;D.

Wildfisher

Quote from: arawa on February 26, 2024, 10:36:09 AMI only ever want to boil water and use a mini Kelly Kettle (about the size of a tin of beans). Cannot explain why but I really enjoy using it! And there is never a shortage of heather for fuel ;D.

It's organic  :)

superscot

Im afraid im still back in the dark ages of the auld paraffin pressure stoves tried and tested and has never ever let us down and burns for hour after hour if yer cauld. Still easy to get hold of spares   

Wildfisher

Can you still get paraffin? Not seen it for years!

superscot

QuoteCan you still get paraffin? Not seen it for years!

Yes still use for the greenhoose heaters comes at a price  ....£8 quid a gallon Fred i know guys who also use them and do a petrol/paraffin mix ....not for me. As i said still easy spares and not alot goes wrong with them

Bobfly

Pump up Primus paraffin stoves are still in use all over the world. I had one for many years. Well made, easy maintenance and spares available.
I switched to petrol because it is easy to get and suits mowers and as a 2stroke for outboards, strimmers, chainsaws etc.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page