News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Wild Fishing Forum Fund Raising For The Esk Rivers Trust

Started by Wildfisher, January 17, 2013, 11:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

The Esk Rivers Trust do some great habitat improvement and conservation work in Angus and Aberdeenshire, not only on the North and South Esks, but also on the much lesser known Bervie and Lunan Waters.

A group of 16 Wild Fishing Forum members recently tied flies (97 in total) and these were auctioned along with a  superb  Kishmul handmade fly box, made and generously donated by forum member  Ken Brown. The box features a pine frame, silver birch and mahogany construction with brass fittings and a beeswax finish. It is a lovely, special thing and small enough to fit into a shirt pocket. The flies were of the highest quality and guaranteed proven fish catchers!

£100 was raised and has been sent to  The Esk Rivers Trust.

It is my dearly held belief that those of us who love wild fishing and wild places should, every now and then, try to give something back. I am proud to be a member of a vibrant community of anglers that has done exactly that on many occasions.

Many thanks to all who made this possible, contributors and bidders!

[attachimg=1][attachimg=2]

hopper

On behalf of the Esk Trust and a member of the committee I personally would like to the members on the forum who have supported the trust by tying flies and Ken Brown who made the fly box. I hope that the members here have enjoy reading the restoration reports on the Rottal Burn and the other  the other projects that have taken place  on the Lunan, Bervie, Boysack dam. I would like to thank Fred for suggesting the Esk trust and who has helped me or has uploaded documents and pictures  on my behalf, I am sure the secretary will be in touch thanking the trust members for their kind donation.

Eric Greig

Esk Trust member

Otter Spotter

In the 2nd picture, top half of the Box Bottom left fly. Who tied it and whats it called?
I got a couple in a member auction I won a couple of years back and have never seen that particular fly anywhere else. Its deadly on Leven fished on the point in a wave on an intermediate line.
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

Wildfisher

I think that's one of The Fachan's flies. Drop Daddy or Wet Daddy perhaps? It's probably very good as he seldom bothers with catching anything below 3lb  :lol:

Otter Spotter

Quote from: admin on January 18, 2013, 09:59:09 AM
I think that's one of The Fachan's flies. Drop Daddy or Wet Daddy perhaps? It's probably very good as he seldom bothers with catching anything below 3lb  :lol:
I'm letting the side down then as apart from 2 around the 4lb mark all the rest I caught on it have been mere tiddlers at around 2lb  :D
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

squeakytyres

Wildfisher

I received a letter from  the Esks Trust today. The Chairman, Mr Sampson, asked me to pass on his thanks  to the forum members who made the donation possible. I have reproduced the letter for you here.

Dear Mr Carrie,

I just wanted to write to thank you for your kind donation to The Esks Trust. It is unsolicited ones like yours that are the most appreciated as hopefully they are a sign that our work is heading in the right direction.

Would you please pass on our thanks to all your members who contributed.

Tom Sampson
Chairman
Esks Trust

Well done and thanks from me too guys!  :D

burnie

Go To Front Page