News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Travel fly tying kit

Started by Brutha, June 06, 2015, 08:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brutha

Robbie - thanks! Looks nice, but probably a bit extravagant for me!

Dave - Aha, I think we have a winner! And a budget to match my tying skills as well! I shall do some internet shopping..... Thanks!

loch coulter

if you are going to work abroad i can see the sense of a fly tying kit but going on holiday! whits the f....king point. :roll:

speydulika

I have handled the C+F Marco Polo and please believe me they are grossly overpriced.  All C+F product is expensive and this is usually in my own case justified by the fact that the quality of their stuff is exceptional. The Marco Polo however is just very small and extremely fiddly.

corsican dave

now i'm home, here's a couple of photos. in keeping with my hard-drinking, heavy metal lifestyle mine's a fetching shade of pink. I think it's the ladies version in large. this should come as no surprise to those who know me..... :8)

note the incredibly shite vice, too  :lol:

incidentally, I found some beads i'd forgotten I had whilst doing this, so cheers for that :D

ps the main compartment with the feathers poking out is cavernous.
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

shad

Quote from: speydulika on June 08, 2015, 08:10:19 PM
I have handled the C+F Marco Polo and please believe me they are grossly overpriced.  All C+F product is expensive and this is usually in my own case justified by the fact that the quality of their stuff is exceptional. The Marco Polo however is just very small and extremely fiddly.

Yes couldnt agree more,guy had the kit on a trip I was on and tried it.Its tiny, would probably struggle above size  10 and uncomfortable to use being so small.

I use a Danvice for travel, very light and compacts down nice.Keep everything in a wash bag like Daves,I tie most of my flies at work and find it best to plan to do one type of pattern a week,so I only take the materials and hooks for that fly.

Go To Front Page