News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Fungi at Hillend

Started by Clan Chief, September 21, 2008, 09:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Chief

I went to my local Loch, Hillend this afternoon with the intention of fishing. After an hour or so I decided I must be the worst fisherman in the world as I caught nothing but as I was walking around the loch I noticed some fungi and decided I would probably have a more enjoyable afternoon looking at all the different varieties I could find and get some pics of them. I wouldn't dare eat any as I don't have a clue which are edible and which are not. Here are some pics from my afternoon at Hillend with a pic or Robert who was proud as punch with his brown trout.

aliferste

Are you sure you did not sample any ?

That last photo is a flutterby!

Clan Chief

Are you serious! I know, I just thought I would incude it.

Clan Chief

Can anyone identify these please?

aliferste

Quote from: Clan Chief on September 22, 2008, 04:31:33 PM
Are you serious! I know, I just thought I would incude it.
:getcoat

Pearly Invicta

I think the first one is the 'bonny pair o' breists' fungus- common in the north east.

Pearly Invicta

And the one underneath that...was it seen at hillend.........or bell-end?

Clan Chief

Aye! . I was wondering what Shithead Wullie would make 'o' them. Perhaps P.A. could let us know.

Harpo

I've got 3 books on wild mushrooms and to be honest I still wouldn't like to guess what any of them are.

be carefull holding mushrooms as well as I know someone who was ill after doing that and then eating a sandwhich :shock: !

Pearly Invicta

Quote from: col on September 22, 2008, 08:32:15 PM
Looks more like a "pair o baws"  :roll: very phallic some of these fungi!

Aye Col- you were right- I just looked it up in my book 'Great Foosts and Toadies of Scotland' and it is indeed the 'pair o baws' fungus.
The 'bonny pair o' breists' fungus is very similar but much more dangerous. Getting hold of them is often regretted.

Go To Front Page