News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Orvis Service.

Started by rannoch raider, June 28, 2017, 03:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rannoch raider

Sent my broken rod to Orvis for repair on Friday past. Expected it would arrive with them on Monday. Got a phone call today to let me know it's been repaired and is already en route back to me via Interlink couriers. Job Done !
Fantastic service.  :D.

Bobfly

They do have a good reputation. Good to see them keeping it up  :D    I think its an American thing !!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

scoobyscott

They're good but pricey but they look after you. I took a gamble at the start of the year. My western 3 rod had the ceramic insert missing so took it in. They said they would send it off and either repair or replace. £25 handling fee but since the western 3 is t produced anymore there was a chance of a new rod. Took the gamble but sadly they repaired it  :? :D

aliferste

Were you required to show proof of purchase or anything like that?

rannoch raider

I had to fill in a rod purchase registration page online when I bought the rod. They were after my details and date of purchase from whatever Orvis Dealer I used. I understand they confirm the sale as new with the dealer. No hassle at all after that other than to once again supply my personal details.

ant0

Within a few weeks of buying an orvis rod - just a Clearwater - the cork showed itself to be very poor by disintegrating in various places.  Took it into Orvis Edinburgh (didn't buy it there) and they immediately agreed, apologised and send it off to have a whole new cork fitted somewhere down south.  Had it back within the week and was spot on.  Can't fault their backup service.

Go To Front Page