News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Calling the Pike Dudes!

Started by scotty9, February 01, 2011, 06:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty9

So... I have a pike outfit now and it's not my #6 weight  :lol:

I was pretty lucky to pick up an entire outfit for hardly any cash at all put together through discounts on clearance sales and other sales. Right time kind of stuff. Suffice to say I've created an entire outfit for less than a 1/7th of some top brand rods  :shock: And it's not a shabby outfit either  :)

Rod is a 9' #9, medium action, teamed it with a 300 grain sinking head for tonights test and it throws a 5'' budgie like a size 20 dry, no effort needed at all. Shooting heads are seriously fun to play with!

Now that pike trip, when?! I'm hoping to get out on the canal tomorrow for a play around and see what happens. I had jack there a year ago on trout gear with a wee streamer attempting to get some perch.

corsican dave

i'm sure we can find some unwanted and unloved pike within casting distance of ullapool! you've also got a pretty good set-up for swff there. i'm now using my "trusty" fladen 9' 7/8 for pike, swff and windy loch days.
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

scotty9

Go To Front Page