News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

drop off indicator

Started by tecno trout, November 26, 2012, 10:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tecno trout

can anyone help me as how to set up this kind of drop off indicator as i have never used one before
i bought this , a rod pod and some bite alarms from ebay but it came with no instructions
most of its self explanitory but im not sure where the drop off indicators are supposed to sit
any help much appreciated

[attachimg=1]

burnie

There's two ways to use a drop off and the species dictates where it goes,also the type of reel you use.
First is your reel a "baitrunner" fixed spool?
Second I take it you are after Pike?
I don't have any pictures to post of the set ups of my own that I can think of and describing it would be tricky, I'll be back..............

corsican dave

the black clamp bit attaches to the rear rod-rest stick. the orange clip attaches to your line which should be pulled down between the bail arm and the first rod ring. just tension it so that the indicator can move up (to indicate a run) or down (to indicate a drop-back). when you strike the orange clip should (!) detach from your line, leaving you free to play that monster.... :8)

hope that helps
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

burnie

Well put Dave
found a couple of old pictures, sorry they are squint,top one shows the bail arm closed with a baitrunner,fitted to the front rod rest. The second has a "normal" fixed spool with the bail arm open and clipped to the rear rod rest.

tecno trout

thanks guys
ye the top picture looks to be the set up im after

cheers

Go To Front Page