News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Spey casting dvds wanted

Started by shad, November 07, 2015, 12:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shad

Might need to visit the Red shed one day, so cool  :Dhttps://youtu.be/H0nWBeq7-28

Wildfisher

Several years ago Magnus Angus gave me a DVD by fly line manufacturers Scientific Anglers called "Spey to Z". Well made and clear.  It's on its way to you Colin.

As has been pointed out DVDs can't watch you and correct your mistakes in real time. Biggest problem I have with practicing fly casting is I find it tediously dull. This is where the once popular, but I believe now defunct  Glasgow Casting Club came into its own by making it a social  event.

Highlander

" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

speydulika

There are a number of casting instructor organisations around. GAIA, AAPGAI and FFF are the three most common. There are some very good and unfortunately some extremely poor instructors in all 3 organisations. If you are in Scotland Andrew Toft is highly regarded by all 3 organisations. Failing that I once met Stevie Reed at an assessment weekend I attended. He is a decent guy and he knows his craft. Once you get going a little if you wish to post some video clips of yourself on the main board or PM me with some I will  take a look at them for you and offer a critique if you like. It will cost you nothing and I can only comment on what I see in your video clips but it be of some help to you.

Best regards,

Geoff

shad

Cheers Geoff

I shall try to get a video once I get started , thanks for the advice.

BTW do you know my mate Brian Gent who fishes down your way?

Cheers Colin

Go To Front Page