News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

sorry for the delay. CD version of Muskie Mash. I need some bigger tinsel for the head and i'm not convinced by the "bend-back" method of tying in the bucktail. i'll try again tonight, maybe with a normal tie-in/flare. 6/0, just in case anyone's interested
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

rannoch raider

Thought you had impaled your budgie on a pike iron until I got my specs on Dave! You're getting right in about these alien patterns. I'm looking forward to seeing a few toothy pics this autumn.  :wink:

corsican dave

mkII version. I could do with some black, green or red tinsel. roll on Christmas & the pound shops, eh?
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Just can't see that one on the Derbyshire Wye Dave.   :think2

corsican dave

maybe this one then? found a use for those tinsel pipe-cleaners at last  :lol: still not entirely happy with these. I think it's a proportion thing?

SoldierPmr

You must spend a fortune on feathers Dave  :lol:

corsican dave

cheap as chips actually. there's only six feathers in each. the hooks are another matter  :roll: :lol:

rannoch raider

I like those Dave. Your MK11 is really nicely tied and pretty much true to the pattern, as is your third pattern. I must confess I do prefer the bigger tinsel head as per the MK11. I think it makes for a more pleasing finish. Probably wont make a jot of difference to the fish though !

What's your preferred hook for these big fellows then ?

silverbutcher

that last one is a ringer for a siamese fighting fish.

haresear

Quote from: silverbutcher on September 26, 2015, 10:50:25 AM
that last one is a ringer for a siamese fighting fish.

:lol: :lol: So it is!

Alex
Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page