News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Its a great thread, great for some inspiration like those Islay olives which are stunning. I like gold and orange flies on the point but those would be a great bob

ianthedon

not tied today but one I have had success with.

Wildfisher

Ian, you should post yon great gaudy yellow beast you gave me at Loch Beanie. It takes a fish or three.    :lol:

ianthedon

which one was that? I have a few gaudy yellow beasts, jeez I was using a yellow bunny leech in uist!!  :shock:

corsican dave

not really classy enough for Ian, but not a bad little haul for under a tenner:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

corsican dave

first attempt at one of these. piece of p*** when you know how...
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

rannoch raider

Good Job Dave. Nice colour scheme too.

Wildfisher

That looks great Dave. How does it hold its shape when in the water?

rannoch raider

What brand of fibre did you use for that one Dave ?

corsican dave

all credit has to go to Martin Smith of mscustom flies for this one. it's a leap of faith to believe that the fibre will be held in place by a few wraps of thread in front; but it is. here's Martin's video which tells you everything you need to know. drop him a line if you find it useful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMkQVOVCZ2I

Go To Front Page