News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What's Your Strangest Catch

Started by hopper, December 09, 2012, 09:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

and here's Ross with a guillemot which took a toby. we had no idea it was there, it must've been swimming underwater chasing sandeels. released without harm :D

to the guillemot, that is. sharp beak on it!!! :lol:

incidentally, my wife's strangest catch is corsican..... :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Quote from: corsican dave on December 11, 2012, 04:49:52 PM
here's Scotty and Dave with their crabs:

I did warn them about these Hielan' women  :lol:

hopper

Years ago when fishing at night for sea trout i had a season of catching bat after bat usually on a white moth just that one season never had one since hated the bloody things

otter

One of my own family, fishing at night for sea trout using a bubble and flea I hooked an otter, scared the shite out of me.

Wildfisher

fergie

My dad caught a landing net on loch Awe years back.Not that unusual apart from the fact there was a fish in the net  :shock:

:lol: :lol: Kidding..

I once caught a Minnow rapala on Shiel on a identical minnow rapala.

Traditionalist

Hooked a pilot whale while sea-trout fishing on the Danish coast from a belly boat.  It broke me after taking all the line and backing and towing me a short distance before the leader gave way. I very nearly had a "personal accident" (which would have required changing my waders),  when it came up near the belly boat. It was almost certainly foul hooked somewhere and didn't even notice.

The successful pattern was a Juletrae  ( Danish for "Christmas Tree") that's the fly in the middle below;

not sure how reliable this is for pilot whales as I have never gotten close enough for a cast since. 

Hoolet

Fishing for mackerel from the rocks at rhobodach? On Bute
Mate accidentally hooked a young basking shark......reel emptied in seconds with smoke billowing from it, then the rod broke in smithereens along with the reel.....pissed ourselves for ages after watching that...the look on his face was priceless.

Once hooked a landing net in a pool on the Oich, got it in, then fell over a brand new gaff in the grassy banking.....result !

The strangest recently was from the Tay......I actually caught a Salmon !!! ( too many duck eggs )

Hoolet.
Ye Canny Fry A Rise!

corsican dave

Quote from: Hoolet on December 13, 2012, 08:56:05 PM
The strangest recently was from the Tay......I actually caught a Salmon !!! Hoolet.

:applause
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Allan Crawford

Strangest catch for me is catching a rainbow trout where none have been stocked, in a small river system connected to the sea, done it twice once in the Glenarm river N.Ireland and the second time in Skye Loch na Sguabaidh :?

The wife managed to hit a seal with her spinner off the Dornie corners, only Lynne could manage something like that given the fact I'm normally just happy to see the spinner go in the direction of the sea, what an unlucky seal  :lol:

Go To Front Page