News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Swallows, or How to get a day's fishing.

Started by Inchlaggan, April 29, 2010, 06:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inchlaggan

Regular readers will remember that, last year, our swalllow's nest fell, killing the first brood and upsetting SWMBO.
They are back.
So, today was spent jerry rigging a roof rack to the Hyundai, transporting a 6M roof ladder a mile down the road, climbing same, dozens of times to measure up, fitting a RSPB swallow nesting "box", rewiring the CCTV. making a camera mount from an old sattellite dish, broomhandle, cable ties and bracket, climbing that ruddy ladder again, linking the CCTV to the HD telly (threading the cable by use of a 6M fishing pole and an old 9'6" 7wt trout rod, climbing the fecking ladder again to get things in focus, and finally sitting and watching the telly to see our swallow pair settle into their new home. Photaes will follow.
Tomorrow was to be spent in the delights of Lidl and Morrisons in the Garrison..... but wait.... as I settled down with a well earned beer, SWMBO announces "Shopping can wait, why don't you go fishing tomorrow?"
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Harpo

I look forward to the photo, that was a sad moment last year when the nest fell.

My missus lives in a parallell universe where fishing can wait and shopping must be done tomorrow  :?

Guddler

Quote from: Inchlaggan on April 29, 2010, 06:16:57 PM"Shopping can wait, why don't you go fishing tomorrow?"

Aah! That'll be that good karma thing coming back to you  :D
Hopefully it'll follow you onto the water too.

Go To Front Page