News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Flouro for dries

Started by lnelson20, January 22, 2006, 11:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lnelson20

Worth a try when your struggling with nylon that won't break the surface film in a flat calm,the flouro sinks,and the dries still float,give it a try :wink:
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

lnelson20

Sorry Lad's no doubt Allan's right :oops: although it did work for me one evening last season targeting individual fish,the flies themselves only lying on the surface for a short time before being recast,great thing about this sight :D you live and learn :wink:
Cheer's Allan :D and sorry lad's :oops:
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

Wildfisher

Steve, 30 years ago, on summer evenings on the Lunan water near Arbroath,  I used to use dries down to size 22 and 1 ?  lb BS nylon. Back then I could see a lot better though! You have to be careful I managed fish of up to ?lb on the set up, which for that burn was about as much as you could regularly expect, most fish were  below ? lb though

Brendan_spence

Quote from: Steve
New year resolution catch bigger trout :wink:
Steve

My biggest fish last season was about 3/4 lb so i wouldn't mind catching something bigger but 'it's not about the size of the fish in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the fish that counts'

Brendan

Brendan_spence

Hi steve i'm at uni in glasgow at the moment so i doubt i would be home in time because of exams. I would recommend hunland aswell as the obvious harry. And if you are wading or even better have a float tube give Bosquay or Wasdale a shot. Orange hedgehog or Peach Muddler were doing damage for me last year. Those latter 2 lochs sometimes work a treat later on at night. Me and my brother went fishing after work on a couple of occasions and were still catchin fish around 12 and missed last orders at the pub because of it.

Brendan

Go To Front Page