News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

A goats toe, never tied or fished one but supposed to do the business. And I'll be doing a doobry next thanks to the comments above  :lol:
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

The doobry is another new fly to me, love this pattern

[attachimg=1]

Highlander

Lochan Load, your flies are well tied but why do you photograph them with the tying silk hanging down?
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Lochan_load

:shock: I just snap them with my phone while the varnish is drying, sometimes wait til later and do them sitting in my hand, is this better?? Bit blurry but sans thread!

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

I like the thread. It's an iconic mark of Andy's flies.   :D

Billy

Quote from: Lochan_load on November 24, 2014, 03:54:29 PM
A goats toe, never tied or fished one but supposed to do the business. And I'll be doing a doobry next thanks to the comments above  :lol:
[attachimg=1]

My mate and I did well with the goats toe on the Uists a few years ago.

Billy

Lochan_load

Ha ha cheers Fred, can't say I've ever given it any thought but now I have THE THREAD STAYS!!

Where did you fish it on your cast billy? I'd be tempted to fish that on the point but is it considered a bob fly?

Billy

I think it would have been on the dropper.

I was in the Glasgow angling centre a few weeks ago looking for hackle feathers for the goats toe. Its on my list of flies I want to tie during the winter.

Billy

garryh

Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

Clan Chief

Managed to tie just one fly this very busy afternoon so imagine my surprise when I cam on here and saw Loch n Loads doobry. heres mine. Gonna tie more in size 10's as I have a few in 12s in my box.

Go To Front Page